JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think this part is good news for those who have or will receive a no response release of their firearms.

"This means your FICS transaction will not be canceled on December 8th."

If they you have already received your firearms and they cancel your background check then you shouldn't have to worry about your background check being denied?

I've got a question. What's stopping me from traveling out of State to purchase a long gun? (rifle/shotgun) Wouldn't I then be under Federal Law, not State Law?

What days will DPSST be open for civilian range qualifying? I'll be glad to prove to the state that I can qualify higher than most sworn LEO's

Last Edited:
Because of this, the Permit-to-Purchase program at Oregon State Police will be a manual paper process until new technical systems can be designed and implemented.
'Manual paper process' ? What ? a legal pad and a pen?

'Designed and implemented' ? Do they even know where to start ? Or even have a guideline to follow? I think 'Whose on first' will aptly apply to all of this.....

I've got a question. What's stopping me from traveling out of State to purchase a long gun? (rifle/shotgun) Wouldn't I then be under Federal Law, not State Law?
Nothing, but I also believe Washington law says the dealer must abide by state laws of which the purchaser lives, so technically WA dealers would need to verify a purchase permit as of the 8th.

So this is what I'm wondering: If OSP just stops processing these background checks currently in the queue, don't they technically fall off and need to be resubmitted after 30 days? If so, can any FFL chime in and say whether they HAVE to resubmit or can they just choose to leave it alone at that point? Then, if you can leave it alone, is the ATF or OSP going to come calling and ask what happened to the firearm(s) listed on the 4473? On the other hand, if you do HAVE to resubmit the BGC, isn't it just going to get straight-up denied after the 8th due to not having a permit?

Such a ****show.

Nothing, but I also believe Washington law says the dealer must abide by state laws of which the purchaser lives, so technically WA dealers would need to verify a purchase permit as of the 8th.
Same with Idaho.

Although ftf transactions are still legal in Idaho for residents of that state. Just a foot note.

"A friend of mine" (not me, no way, not me, no) is having the exact same issue with the same delivery date! Arrgggh. We shall see. UPS seems to be having a jam-up in the central US.
The $199 question is: If the judge buys the OSP BS that they will have a permiting website up on 12/08/2022 and UPS does not deliver before then, what happens with my lowers?

I am not applying for a purchase permit which adds my personal information to a publicly searchable database.

Do they get sent back to PSA? Who pays for the shipping? Can my FFL keep them to sell on consignment so I get some money back?

You would be in violation of existing Oregon state law

The $199 question is: If the judge buys the OSP BS that they will have a permiting website up on 12/08/2022 and UPS does not deliver before then, what happens with my lowers?

I am not applying for a purchase permit which adds my personal information to a publicly searchable database.

Do they get sent back to PSA? Who pays for the shipping? Can my FFL keep them to sell on consignment so I get some money back?
I don't know if it's still a thing and doable with UPS, but you used to be able to simply "return to sender" for no additional shipping charges. PSA is just out the initial shipping as long as it's unopened.

Consignment would be something to discuss and decide if your FFL would want to or not... I would imagine. No reason you couldn't, but instead of splitting any cash back from your items I would just send them back for a refund as my first option. Even if you get soaked for the return shipping it's probably less than you would lose by splitting your own money with your FFL.

Should have ordered sooner to bypass the bs coming.
Believe me I would have loved to. Have been putting off gun ownership as a newlywed for a while cause money doesn't grow on trees. Was like pulling teeth to convince my wife to let me buy two guns in such a short amount of time. Got my handgun quick but the rifle was a lot harder to convince. haha

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top