JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just out of curiosity, what's the head stamp on the old Western brass?

Just noticed on the link. Head stamp is WCC. Duh. Western Cartridge Company
Here is a photo of said headstamp. Also found a box of Peters (edges taped) that I thought was Western before pulling out of the drawer. The Peters is a little corroded (might need to do some wirebrushing).

Western.JPG Peters.JPG

Battleship Texas. 112 years old. Not thumping anymore but when she did, watch out!. In dry dock for a much neded $35 million repair and refit. If only the old girl could talk.

atttleship texas.jpg

Last Edited:
Love the Mod-8/81's have three of um now, a .30 Remington, a .308 Winchester conversion, and the .35 Rem. Of the three, the littlist .30 Rem is the sweetest shooting, but the .308 is the meanie of them, though I find the .35 kicks the hardest, go figure! Don't have a 81 yet, still on the hunt, would love to find one in .300 Savage or one of the other nifty caliber conversions Ed Shillin was famous for, but alas, I'll settle for any I can find!

I have really come to appreciate the Sheer Genius of J.M. Browning in his Designs, so I have endeavored to find as many as I can afford, between the 1895's the Remington Autoloaders and Mod-8/81's the 1911's and BHP's as well as the 1893 and 1897's, Were getting closer to nirvana!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top