JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If anyone can help answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking on doing a build and am having serious problems finding a slide for the G20. I have all the parts for the 10mm build, OEM barrel, heavy extractor, tungsten guide rod, ect, ect. but like I said no slide.

I found a place that has a G21 slide with a vortex venom red dot cut and its in my price range. My question is can I just slap the barrel in this and the parts I have and be good to go? Would there be any problems due to the tolerances or higher pressures involved? or would I be better off to keep looking and get the appropriate g20 slide and get it with a RMR cut since its going to be my hunting sidearm and the RMR has been tested more and more durable? I'm conflicted. I'm not made of money but I am a buy once cry once type of guy

The sales people on the site seem less than helpful or are just extremely busy either way I thought I would ask you guys and see if you might be able to help. I really appreciate anyone who can help me out with this problem and has 1st hand knowledge on the matter. Thanks again everyone.

Last Edited:
I've done it, but the ejection was not powerful, with empties landing at your feet. Reliability is dependent on having the correct weight spring ie 22lb, and having the correct conversion barrel, extractor, and ejector. The biggest problem is the slide face is sized for the 45, making the 10mm not sit tight. Overall it was 95% reliable and not something I kept. Ending up selling the 10mm barrel and going back to 45 for the glock. Bought a 10mm DW 1911 and never looked back. Similar experience converting a 40SW Glock to 9mm. Not Glock reliable anymore.

Making something work is often a less effective choice than getting the right thing from the start. Just be patient and buy the G20 slide

I researched doing a 10mm Polymer 80.

1) Very difficult to find a G20 slide as you have found out.
2) The G21 slide is lighter than the G20 slide
3) The G21 10mm builds/conversions can be problematic
4) I bought a Lone Wolf (Alpha Wolf) 10mm slide but have not built the pistol yet
5} There have been 10mm conversion barrels on the market (KKM and Lone Wolf) but they have dried up.
Rumor has it that KKM quit because of reliability issues. Not sure about Lone Wolf.

I have built two P80/10mm's using 10mm slides from Rock Slide and appropriate G20 specific parts. Both run great and are accurate as heck, but they beat the bubblegum out of the brass as it is ejected (pics below show where it hits). I have been whittling down that inside edge of the ejection port with a Dremel which is helping, but I am also waiting to hear back from RS as to why I need to do this. Oh, I have run both uppers and a real G21 lower with the same result. With stock G20 slides going for crazy money, my next stop will be having Lone Wolf cut me a slide just to try.

Brass.jpg Slide.jpg

If anyone can help answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking on doing a build and am having serious problems finding a slide for the G20. I have all the parts for the 10mm build, OEM barrel, heavy extractor, tungsten guide rod, ect, ect. but like I said no slide.

I found a place that has a G21 slide with a vortex venom red dot cut and its in my price range. My question is can I just slap the barrel in this and the parts I have and be good to go? Would there be any problems due to the tolerances or higher pressures involved? or would I be better off to keep looking and get the appropriate g20 slide and get it with a RMR cut since its going to be my hunting sidearm and the RMR has been tested more and more durable? I'm conflicted. I'm not made of money but I am a buy once cry once type of guy

The sales people on the site seem less than helpful or are just extremely busy either way I thought I would ask you guys and see if you might be able to help. I really appreciate anyone who can help me out with this problem and has 1st hand knowledge on the matter. Thanks again everyone.
If you're still looking for that G20 slide go to KM tactical, they have them in stock I just bought the G21 and G20 slides and they're decent. KM tactical has served me well for some time now. Hope this helps.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top