JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not having ethanol in this stuff will help a lot, and my guess is you could *easily* mix it 50/50 with new gasoline and work fine in a general daily car, half your fuel costs, so to speak. But yeah, i wouldn't go pouring in any potential goop at the bottom :)

I've never actually had anything that won't run on old fuel, it usually just becomes perfectly running when asking for performance. If anything, it's related to carb jets getting stuck with some goop.
One the inconvenience front, seems to me a good way would be to pump the top 4/5ths (or whatever) of each barrel into a big tank on the truck. Then use the leftover lighter barrels for long range tannerite target practice on private land. :p

I would say a manual gas transfer pump with an inline filter would be s good idea.
And based on the ad, this guy might be dealing with a ton of crap all at once and just want it gone. If whoever stored the gas stored this much, just imagine the depth of the rest of their preps. On top of that a lot of preps are hard to resell. Imagine trying to sell a box truck worth of 20 year old MREs or Mountain House food. Plus, he may be spending time selling off 75000 rounds of imported surplus commie 7.62x39 and 5 crates of SKSs. lol

DOTD19.png

Wondering what else they found in the bunker?

The Shelf Life of Fuel

The length of time fuel will remain useable in your gas tank is dependent on the fuel type. Regular gasoline has a shelf life of three to six months, while diesel can last up to a year before it begins to degrade
I have a diesel tank for my tractor that hasn't been filled for maybe 5 years and it runs fine in my tractor. I do have conditioner and microbe prevention in it.

This stuff is questionable fuel. You treated your annually, who knows about this fuel.
No! I agree 100% . Would not attempt to run 15Y.O. fuel that had not been maintained. I was just replying to the comment you made about 3 Y.O. treated fuel not being any good. Maybe you meant 3 Y.O. fuel that had only been treated once.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top