JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
  • Type 01 FFL – $200
  • Type 02 FFL – $200
  • Type 03 FFL – $30
  • Type 06 FFL – $30
  • Type 07 FFL – $150
  • Type 08 FFL – $150
  • Type 09 FFL – $3,000
  • Type 10 FFL – $3,000
  • Type 11 FFL – $3,000
There are three main FFL costs to consider:

1. The initial FFL license application cost
  2. The renewal cost for your FFL
  3. Cost of registering as an SOT (if applicable)
A Type 1 Dealer's license, the most common type of FFL, has a license cost of $200. The license is valid for three years. After that renewals for each subsequent three year period are $90.

The next most common type of FFL, the manufacturer FFL, has a cost of $150 every three years.

The cost for your initial Federal Firearms License, SOT registration, and other secondary costs can all depend on the FFL license type you want/need.

Here are what the different types mean:

Types of FFL:

• Type 01 – Firearm Dealer/Gunsmith
  • Type 02 – Pawnbroker
  • Type 03 – Collector
  • Type 06 – Manufacture of Ammunition
  • Type 07 – Manufacturer of Firearms
  • Type 08 – Importer of Firearms
  • Type 09 – Dealer of "Destructive Devices"
  • Type 10 – Manufacturer of "Destructive Devices"
  • Type 11 – Importer of "Destructive Devices"
https://rocketffl.com/ffl-license-types/

I well remember back when pretty much anyone could get a Typ1 . We always called it "kitchen table" FFL. It was nice to have one buddy who did this. I have long heard the ATF is NOT friendly to this kind of set up any more though. That they were pressuring people to show they had some kind of "store front" or such now days?

So my .22 took only 7 business days, which is honestly not bad. I bought an old top break S&W I've been looking for for years at another pawn shop in town on Monday, 6/13, so we will see. Hopefully just another 7 business days or less.

So my .22 took only 7 business days, which is honestly not bad. I bought an old top break S&W I've been looking for for years at another pawn shop in town on Monday, 6/13, so we will see. Hopefully just another 7 business days or less.
Compared to leaving with it same day, 5 minutes after a phone call was made. 7 days later is bad…

Hummmmm.........
I used to buy my guns and walk out of the gun store w/o problems.
No BGC, no permit, no waiting periods.
AND.......my guns haven't killed anyone.
Is there a lesson here?

Aloha, Mark

Hummmmm.........
I used to buy my guns and walk out of the gun store w/o problems.
No BGC, no permit, no waiting periods.
AND.......my guns haven't killed anyone.
Is there a lesson here?

Aloha, Mark
Same lesson as when I was in high school. Often those of us with a car had a gun in it. Some new gun to show off, or going hunting or shooting after we got out of class. Somehow NONE of these guns got used to shoot anyone.

Tropics in Orchards told me yesterday that standard wait time for a private handgun transfer is minimum 2 weeks right now. So...if you're doing a private transfer with a mag cap of > 10, suggest buyer and seller come to terms on transfer of the mags separately due to 7/1 deadline.

Quote:
I bought a gun and filled out the paperwork on 3/3 and got a call on 3/11 that I was good to go.

Ever since the Fed's cut off WA and told them "you're on your own" this seems to be VERY hit and miss. Some have bought a handgun one week, got the OK in a few days, gone back a week later and it took weeks. One of them it took so long he had to start over as the time expired. Sadly we are at the mercy of bureaucrats who get paid every week no matter what they do. So for now the main thing is if you go to transfer in WA be prepared to wait. If you get the ok in a few days just consider it luck.

Quote:
The last two pistols I've purchased both took 10 days.

My last two took the 10 BUT, the FFL still had not gotten to proceed. They have known us for a long time and just let us walk. Not sure when the hell they finally got the OK from the state. Problem is few dealers will do this any more. I don't blame them. Its not their fault the gun owners did this to themselves.

Just took me 12 business days to get the call from Sportsmans Warehouse that my bgc was completed by King County, near Seattle for a handgun.
They are one of the large corporations that will not release the firearm, regardless of days, until they get clearance from law enforcement. Occasionally they offer a firearm at a low enough sale price that I purchase thru them as opposed to a local gun store.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top