JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The title nearly says it all.

10/22 and Savage .17 HMR - Bi-Mart - $169

I have both. I love both.

I modded my 10/22 carbine, but it still looks stock: bedded action and barrel; free-floated the barrel; expanded the internal diameter of the barrel band so it doesn't touch the barrel; fabricated a brass pillar for the escutcheon (from the factory the barrel block tightens against wood). All mods took about a weekend of elbow grease and cost less than $30 for a gun that can shoot a ragged hole @ 25 yds with CCI Mini-Mags off of bags.
I know the new 10/22 have a composite trigger housing, but what do you want from a $169 rifle?

The Savage .17 shoots little tiny groups stock. Well, I polished the bolt and sanded the stock for a smoother feel.

So, if you are looking for inexpensive, accurate plinkers, or just want to have fun playing amateur gunsmith, get ye to a Bi-Mart. And, if you don't own a 10/22, get one today.

10/22 is a great off the shelf shooter. its hard to miss your target with one. i would like to try a 17 hmr rifle. i have a taurus revolver that shoots em. love the way you can shoot groups into a clay without the clay breaking.

I looked at those .17's at Bi-MArt this morning. Those are nice looking plinkers. I almost bought it but my desire for a progressive press is overriding everything else. Soon as the hornady is bought I may get that .17.

The .17s go on sale about every six weeks, but their price goes up $10 about every nine weeks, so why not buy now and save yourself $10. You're going to buy a progressive press anyways.

The .17 HMR's are fun little guns that's for sure. Ammo isn't too expensive (though it is more than .22LR) and the little bugger is a lot more accurate than the .22 IMHO

Definitely a "get both" sort of a deal! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top