Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

10/22 & Savage .17 HMRs $169 @ Bi-Mart

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by m'kay13, Dec 16, 2008.

1. m'kay13

m'kay13 Boardman, OR Member

The title nearly says it all.

10/22 and Savage .17 HMR - Bi-Mart - $169

I have both. I love both.

I modded my 10/22 carbine, but it still looks stock: bedded action and barrel; free-floated the barrel; expanded the internal diameter of the barrel band so it doesn't touch the barrel; fabricated a brass pillar for the escutcheon (from the factory the barrel block tightens against wood). All mods took about a weekend of elbow grease and cost less than $30 for a gun that can shoot a ragged hole @ 25 yds with CCI Mini-Mags off of bags.
    I know the new 10/22 have a composite trigger housing, but what do you want from a $169 rifle?

The Savage .17 shoots little tiny groups stock. Well, I polished the bolt and sanded the stock for a smoother feel.

So, if you are looking for inexpensive, accurate plinkers, or just want to have fun playing amateur gunsmith, get ye to a Bi-Mart. And, if you don't own a 10/22, get one today.

2. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

thanks for the heads up... I've been looking

3. probasco

probasco abeaversboro Member

10/22 is a great off the shelf shooter. its hard to miss your target with one. i would like to try a 17 hmr rifle. i have a taurus revolver that shoots em. love the way you can shoot groups into a clay without the clay breaking.

4. Yankeefan

Yankeefan Southern Oregon Member

I looked at those .17's at Bi-MArt this morning. Those are nice looking plinkers. I almost bought it but my desire for a progressive press is overriding everything else. Soon as the hornady is bought I may get that .17.

5. m'kay13

m'kay13 Boardman, OR Member

The .17s go on sale about every six weeks, but their price goes up $10 about every nine weeks, so why not buy now and save yourself $10. You're going to buy a progressive press anyways.

6. cavalryman40

cavalryman40 Dayton, OR Member

In the tradition of another forum, let me be the first to say......Get both! :)

7. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

The .17 HMR's are fun little guns that's for sure. Ammo isn't too expensive (though it is more than .22LR) and the little bugger is a lot more accurate than the .22 IMHO

Definitely a "get both" sort of a deal! :thumbup:

8. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Bi-Mart is great!

9. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

I just got a Savage 17BTVS for the wife for Valentines Day. It was $339 I believe.

10. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

BI-MART had stainless 10/22's on for under $200 around christmas time.