JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The title nearly says it all.

10/22 and Savage .17 HMR - Bi-Mart - $169

I have both. I love both.

I modded my 10/22 carbine, but it still looks stock: bedded action and barrel; free-floated the barrel; expanded the internal diameter of the barrel band so it doesn't touch the barrel; fabricated a brass pillar for the escutcheon (from the factory the barrel block tightens against wood). All mods took about a weekend of elbow grease and cost less than $30 for a gun that can shoot a ragged hole @ 25 yds with CCI Mini-Mags off of bags.
I know the new 10/22 have a composite trigger housing, but what do you want from a $169 rifle?

The Savage .17 shoots little tiny groups stock. Well, I polished the bolt and sanded the stock for a smoother feel.

So, if you are looking for inexpensive, accurate plinkers, or just want to have fun playing amateur gunsmith, get ye to a Bi-Mart. And, if you don't own a 10/22, get one today.

10/22 is a great off the shelf shooter. its hard to miss your target with one. i would like to try a 17 hmr rifle. i have a taurus revolver that shoots em. love the way you can shoot groups into a clay without the clay breaking.

I looked at those .17's at Bi-MArt this morning. Those are nice looking plinkers. I almost bought it but my desire for a progressive press is overriding everything else. Soon as the hornady is bought I may get that .17.

The .17s go on sale about every six weeks, but their price goes up $10 about every nine weeks, so why not buy now and save yourself $10. You're going to buy a progressive press anyways.

The .17 HMR's are fun little guns that's for sure. Ammo isn't too expensive (though it is more than .22LR) and the little bugger is a lot more accurate than the .22 IMHO

Definitely a "get both" sort of a deal! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads