JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New 10/22 in ATI folder stock. Factory clip cycles fine. Put in a steel hot lips and the most I can get is 7. Sometimes I push up and forward and it will cycle the next 1. Sometimes I push up and back, and it cycles.

Anybody have any thoughts.

The magazine replacement approach is a low-impact one (financially) that would narrow or eliminate one assembly from the equation. My guess it either the magazine or the mag well itself and with Ruger's track record with the 10/22, it's probably the aftermarket component.

You say the factory mag works so I would say, as all the others before me, replace that Hot Lip mag with a Ruger BX-25. In fact I am heading out to give my BX-25 a workout right now.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

New 10/22 in ATI folder stock. Factory clip cycles fine. Put in a steel hot lips and the most I can get is 7. Sometimes I push up and forward and it will cycle the next 1. Sometimes I push up and back, and it cycles.

Anybody have any thoughts.

you take a new rifle, put it in a cheap aftermarket stock, and try to feed it with a cheap aftermarket magazine, and now it won't operate like you think it should. The above posters are correct....throw out that crappy Butler Creek magazine and use Ruger mags or Tactical Innovations mags and you won't have that problem again. Good luck with the new 10/22.

Factory 10 round, two BX-25 magazines, 10/22 and a steel target with lots of .22 splatter. Excellent morning and all mags working as they should.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class