JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a cool 10 22with a 20?+-" barrel....bull barrel. great shooter since I put the Volquartsen trigger in it but I want a lighter barrel.
We have Beyers? barrels out here.They are aluminum with stainless liner.$200 range.
Of course there is Tactical solutions,Volquartsen and others.Are the stressed fiber barrels all that?
Do you have a forum link to make this easy on everyone,lol?
What I don't want is to spend $200+ and not be happy with the new barrel.
What's your favorite and what am I realistically going to have to pay?

Thanks for looking
Mike

I have one of the Tacsol lightweight bull barrels that come pre-threaded. I am very happy with it but have not don't much "paper shooting" for accuracy.

One comment I do have that the light weight barrels are not all they are cracked up to be. Even with the standard wood stock they become very barrel light and butt heavy making them feel funny. With mine I ended up cutting the center out of a standard stock and making it a "skeleton" style. This made the whole gun balance very well, and is extremely light.

Gunna need to talk to you about turkeys,if all goes well, for the up coming season.
Where the heck you been anyway?

OK back to topic,that does make sense on the utra light barrels.Maybe I'll try out the Beyer's from Forks

Rimfire central is a great resource. One of the very highly rated lightweight barrels I learned about from there is Whistle Pig. They are also aluminum with a steel liner and offer threaded models if you run a can. My green mountain is very accurate but also fairly heavy and running in a Hogue stock (which is light) so I'll probably get a whistle pig eventually to balance it out. Plus they are in Aurora, Oregon so they are local.

WhistlePig GunBarrel Co

I got a Tactical Solutions and used a boyds ss evolution stock which made for a lighter then "stock" firearm. I've done quite a bit more to it but I have no problem keeping shot groups under 1" at 100yds. I agree with the other guys, Rimfire central is a good source.

I have a couple Alumalite barrels that work well for me, aluminum barrel with a Lothar Walther liner. I like mine and they aren't quite as expensive as some of the others. Another vote for wwwrimfirecentral.com there's more 10-22 information than you can imagine there

Obviously I don't post here much if at all so take what I say with a grain of salt but another vote for RimfireCentral. Although those guys will get you to spend lots of money if you're not careful.
Kidd makes great light weight barrels. I have the Kidd Ultralight. It's only a 16" but it is tack driver. There's also a sponsor on RFC, Fedderson I believe, that gets great reviews. He is a pretty active sponsor and backs up all his barrels.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top