JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are you using it for? For pistol distances out to 100-200 yards?

If you want to use it for CQB type use, then the optic must have close to zero magnification at its lowest setting. Mandatory when shooting with both eyes open.

Vortex Strike Eagle fits your bill...don't think I can recommend anything less in quality.

Generally, the more you spend the better quality of the glass...the actual glass. Clear, light enhancing etc., apart from the other features, the glass quality is paramount.

I want to use it for double duty style shooting...CQB type use and to drag in the Bush and hunt with.i wouldn't push .450 bushmaster passed 250yrds while out hunting.

I have an Accupower 1-4 on my .375 H&H. It can certainly handle the recoil.
Maybe consider the Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4. I like the green illuminated dot. Goes for about $400-$450

Maybe not too late to help with your selection. Is the .450 Bushmaster considered a high recoil platform? We have an 8 year old Leopold 1x4x20 standard duplex cross hair semi compact dangerous game scope. About 9.5 inches long. Extremely tough. It has gone from gun to gun with good results. Very high quality. Both up and down and side to side adjustment ranges have been worked to the max. No problem. I personally recommend this nice conventional scope.

The down side is that it is very expensive at about $500 bucks shipped. Optics Planet. Right now it is on our summer garden monster slayer , (dinky ones) short barrel suppressed Ruger 10-22. Works very good in half moon light at 1X. A fairly forgiving eye relief. It gets swapped to and from Betty Bucker and Maxine Max Blast which are our Saiga 12 shotgun and Saiga 7.62x51 rifle. All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws, NFA Laws, And BATFE Rules And Regulations Apply.

Optics planet.

Leopold

Because it is important to bore the forum members by legally stating that since I mentioned a short barrel suppressed Ruger 10-22 as our garden monster, (dinky) killers for our summer garden protection it is best to let everybody know we possess the Ruger and that all the applicable laws and rules are followed.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws, And BATFE Laws And Regulations Apply

I recently purchased a Burris Fullfield II Tac 30 from Cabela's and mounted it on my A2 build. Rekgular price was $299, they had it on sale for$149. Couldn't pass it up at that price for a decent quality 30mm tube, 1-4X with illuminated Ballistic CQ reticle. I really like it. You might shop around and see if anyone else has it on sale.
I like mine, too. Couldn't pass up that sale. :D

I really enjoy my Nightforce 1-4 for clarity and light transmission....but getting another one at the other side of $1,000 was not something I was willing to do...

So I took the advice of a buddy who just installed about 20 Weaver scopes on an AR group buy he did. He said every shooter has been super happy two years later. I purchased a Weaver "Zombie" 2-6 scope for under $300. Surprisingly clear view, very open field with shaft reticle.

Be warned...GOoFY "Zombie-esque " biohazard logo on the scope body...I fixed with matte black Krylon. GOoFY marketing aside, this compact Weaver is an outstanding value for a short range big view, quick point scope for your carbines. I bought 3 of them...for .22 plinking, a Mini14, and a yet undecided mount. Maybe a lever gun. So surprised that Weaver gives a big value for less $$.

Happy shopping!

Rick

Leupold Freedom series. Nice glass and lightweight. 1.5-4x. around $200 made in the USA.

LP174176_00.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads