JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All

Recently and unexpectedly my 02 suburban decided to launch #8 rod thru the block :eek:

So I'm looking at options for motor swap out from someone with more experience in this area than me.

Its a 1500 with the LM7 5.3 LITER

Any advice would be appreciated

The LQ4 is a very easy motor to pull and replace, my biggest concern would be how many miles you have on your rig? 2wd or 4wd? Is the rig worth investing at least $2500 dollars, and that's a price with you doing the work. I say that because the burban as well as my Yukon XL start to see tranny issues at 150k plus. I just clicked over 125k on my 03 Yukon XL 4wd and did a complete trans flush, filter, and fluids. Was night and day on shifting and firmness on the shifts. Said to see what my Yukon XL is worth on the used market. Love it.

The LQ4 is a very easy motor to pull and replace, my biggest concern would be how many miles you have on your rig? 2wd or 4wd? Is the rig worth investing at least $2500 dollars, and that's a price with you doing the work. I say that because the burban as well as my Yukon XL start to see tranny issues at 150k plus. I just clicked over 125k on my 03 Yukon XL 4wd and did a complete trans flush, filter, and fluids. Was night and day on shifting and firmness on the shifts. Said to see what my Yukon XL is worth on the used market. Love it.
you also can take your PC solenoid out of your transmission and turn the little screw on the back of it to increase line pressure. will get firm shifts after that too

It has 156k on the clock, its 4x4 and in really good shape. I'm tempted to just rebuild the tranny while its down. I thought about pulling the radiator and grill etc... And pulling tranny with motor ?

We've also got a 2500 Burb, that I'll prolly be doing this on later down the road, so some practice is in order I guess :D

It has 156k on the clock, its 4x4 and in really good shape. I'm tempted to just rebuild the tranny while its down. I thought about pulling the radiator and grill etc... And pulling tranny with motor ?

We've also got a 2500 Burb, that I'll prolly be doing this on later down the road, so some practice is in order I guess :D
i dont pull the radiator when doing an engine swap on those. if i were to do it at work i would pull transmission then engine. but thats me working with a vehicle hoist

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top