JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a Revocable Living Trust for use with NFA items. It is Valid and Works in Washington. Just add your name in the slots, Double check, take to your notarizing agency (bank, locan union hall, some DOL locations, alot of costcutters) get it notarized, mail along with your form4 and there you go!!!

It is legit in Wa as of 2010 according to my lawyer and NFA SOT dealer, however I have no way of knowing if it is legal by oregon's law. This is for private/ Personal use only. Im not a lawyer and Im not liable for anything ever...

Good Luck YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
This version seems to address the transfer of items once the Grantor dies in section IV. Most of the cut n paste ones I've flipped thru have no verbiage about this, which, according to GUNTRUSTLAWYER.com can set up a huge issue for the beneficiaries of your trust, and handling of your other assets that you may not have wished to be handled in the same manner as your NFA items.
I am no attorney, but I think it would be wise to have this reviewed by one before assuming it will work for what folks like us want it to do. Just because it 'works' in a state or w/ the ATF to get your tax stamp, doesn't mean it properly addresses possesion/transfer of items after you die per ATF rules.
Not flaming Ians post at all, just paranoid. :0

This version seems to address the transfer of items once the Grantor dies in section IV. Most of the cut n paste ones I've flipped thru have no verbiage about this, which, according to GUNTRUSTLAWYER.com can set up a huge issue for the beneficiaries of your trust, and handling of your other assets that you may not have wished to be handled in the same manner as your NFA items.
I am no attorney, but I think it would be wise to have this reviewed by one before assuming it will work for what folks like us want it to do. Just because it 'works' in a state or w/ the ATF to get your tax stamp, doesn't mean it properly addresses possesion/transfer of items after you die per ATF rules.
Not flaming Ians post at all, just paranoid. :0

I would advise you DO get it checked if you are at all concerned about it, as I am not a lawyer! I just used it because I got it for FREE, and it will work to obtain a suppressor, when I am older and feel like I need a better trust, I can revoke this one and change the trust with a lawyer and include my NFA items on the new one...

This website, www.guntrustlawyer.com, got my interest re-picked. These guys want to make a very clear distiction between a "revocable trust" and a "NFA Firearms trust". Since I am no lawyer, and this is no fooling matter, I want to make this right the first time. Anyone knows of a lawyer who knows his stuff? I own a few NFA items and some more are in-transit. :s0131:

Before anyone goes that route, already I spent a few bucks on a revocable trust s/w. And no, the s/w does not address NFA Firearms/devices trusts.

yes, if you already own NFA items as an individual you will have to transfer them to get them into the trust's possession, @$200 per transfer!

This really is only worthwhile for purchasing new items.

The Link is dead, It's not my fault, I dident have a way to post the file on here and cant host it. Someone else hosted it for me, and they must have deleted it or closed the link, I will email it to someone that will re-host it online to share, but Ive emailed this to at least 45 people and its kindof getting old...

So If your willilng to host this, Ill email it to ya, as long as the link gets posted!

EDIT:

BIG THANKS TO SEATTLEWINGSFAN!!!!!!!!!!
Link is now back up!!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads