JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well cj1089, I think an argument could be made that following someone can be aggressive and threatening.

2) If some real. good. evidence comes forward that zimmerman was justified, I can change my mind.
I'm allright with having formed my opinions, and where they are.

3) I think I already addressed that in a different post.

4)Not worthy? Got something to back that up with?

5)Read between the lines.... It's like the w4ore that was killed in Texas. <broken link removed>
These laws really are about keeping and maintaining a social hierarchy.
Seriously. Imagine a hooker killing her customer and getting away with it.
Imagine a black kid killing an aggressive neighborhood watchman and being able to use syg.
(If you really can, pm me the number of your dr. I think I'll want a prescription of some of that good stuff)

6) Boojah? Come on man....

I think you misunderstood. The first line was a statement, the thought was completed by the second.

You are absolutely correct, the courts are about legal.

But who are the laws made for?

I'll tell you, I could really care less if GZ is acquitted.

It would be unjust, in my opinion, but again, I am a private citizen, with no connection to the courts.

So I can form my opinions as to his guilt or innocence however I want.

I'm sorry that calls for social justice make you ill.

That's too bad.

Andrew,
First off thanks for keeping us out west informed on the case. I feel the same way about this incident as I did on day one. You refered to Mr. Martin as a robust 17 year old football player. I have to respectfully dis-agree with you there. 6' something and 150 to 160 lbs is not robust for a high school ball player. 6' something and 220 to 300 lbs is robust. I believe that the average grown man could mop the floor with a 160 lb un- armed teenager and if you can't, don't sign up for the neighborhood watch. Just one opinion that mose will dis-agree with but hey I am just not afraid of one lone un-armed 160 lb punk but thats just me.

With all respect, neighborhood watch has nothing to do with being able to take somebody down. Most of the people I know who are active in neighborhood watch are old people who rarely leave their homes--they're GREAT watchers. It's all about observe and report. Zimmerman just ran into a particular unpredictable and aggressive predator on that particular night.

I suppose we can agree to disagree on what makes a robust high school football player. My real point is that Matin was hardly the 12-year-old child the Crump narrative machine tried to make him out to be.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense

Andrew you seem to be contradicting yourself just a bit if Zimmerman would have met your good " Watcher"
anology you would have no case to cover?

He WAS a good watcher, right up until his attacker emerged from the bushes and smashed Zimmerman's nose into his face.

After that he wasn't such a good watcher, by his own testimony.

I'm not sure an old lady watcher would have fared much better. :)

Andrew

Actually by your own words she would have fared much better because she would not have left her house. Also by your own words the Watcher is supposed to observe and report not follow and get punched in the nose right? Heck now I am confused.

Andrew,
Just one opinion that mose will dis-agree with but hey I am just not afraid of one lone un-armed 160 lb punk but thats just me.

The quickest way to come in last is to underestimate others. We all get that you are a 9 foot tall 500 lb super ninja, but if someone Trayvon Martin sized caught me unexpectedly I might be on the ground getting my head bashed in, too. BTW Bruce Lee was 5'6" and weighed 145 lbs, so by your rational Trayvon would have smacked him around like a girl. Chuck Norris at 5'8" and 154 lbs would also be crying for his mama if he met Trayvon in a dark alley.

Now we are rolling first off I am fat and out of shape but thats beside the point, if you are following someone, have sized them up, have called the police are on your home turf, how do you get caught unexpectedly exactly?

Somewhat disturbingly, G47 suggested that the “defense might have to prove Zimmerman’s innocence,” but also claimed to not yet have arrived at an opinion on the case.

That should be a no brainer to dismiss! It's not up to the defense to prove innocence, the state must prove the murder charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

The quickest way to come in last is to underestimate others. We all get that you are a 9 foot tall 500 lb super ninja, but if someone Trayvon Martin sized caught me unexpectedly I might be on the ground getting my head bashed in, too. BTW Bruce Lee was 5'6" and weighed 145 lbs, so by your rational Trayvon would have smacked him around like a girl. Chuck Norris at 5'8" and 154 lbs would also be crying for his mama if he met Trayvon in a dark alley.
Well I guess we can assume that the only way you would have had trouble is if you got caught unexpectedly which was exactally my point so thanks for the help. BTW you must bee a 500 lb super ninja too? Or maybe just an average guy that hopefully has more awareness and smarts than to find yourself in Zimmermans boat. Thanks for the comments I am out on this one, have a good one.

Now we are rolling first off I am fat and out of shape but thats beside the point, if you are following someone, have sized them up, have called the police are on your home turf, how do you get caught unexpectedly exactly?

You are making an assumption that Zimmerman was sneaking up on Martin, Paul Blart style. Here is the complete unedited 911 call transcript (not the butcher job done to inflame emotions) Trayvon Martin Shooting - Zimmerman's COMPLETE 911 Call, With Audio And Transcript - YouTube. Give it a listen. And a read.

...if you are following someone, have sized them up, have called the police are on your home turf, how do you get caught unexpectedly exactly?

That is what I am trying to find out but Law of Self Defense will not answer my questions.

How far away from Mr Zimmerman's vehicle did the confrontation take place?

Did the fight begin and end in the same area?

If Mr Zimmerman was getting back in his vehicle and was ambushed from behind, then he could have been caught off guard.

That is what I am trying to find out but Law of Self Defense will not answer my questions.

How far away from Mr Zimmerman's vehicle did the confrontation take place?

Did the fight begin and end in the same area?

If Mr Zimmerman was getting back in his vehicle and was ambushed from behind, then he could have been caught off guard.

Guys he is in Florida and it's 1am there which is probably why he isn't answering. I broke down and bought the book Zimmermans dad wrote and am about 35% of the way through it. So far it's a good read he explains a lot of family background which makes it clear Zimmerman is not racist. It also explains how this whole thing is being used to push people's political agendas and trying to set up a law suit by the Martin family. As far as pursuing Martin Zimmerman was trying to give an actual address for the police. He had lost Martin and was walking from his truck to the nearest cross street then was about halfway back to his truck when Martin ambushed him. If you look at all the facts and not all the disinformation that has been spread its pretty hard to see how the persecutors are going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty. Although reading LOSD's write ups of jury selection it looks like its going to be really tough finding an unbiased jury. Most seem to already believe Zimmerman is guilty

Well cj1089, I think an argument could be made that following someone can be aggressive and threatening.

2) If some real. good. evidence comes forward that zimmerman was justified, I can change my mind.
I'm allright with having formed my opinions, and where they are.

3) I think I already addressed that in a different post.

4)Not worthy? Got something to back that up with?

5)Read between the lines.... It's like the w4ore that was killed in Texas. <broken link removed>
These laws really are about keeping and maintaining a social hierarchy.
Seriously. Imagine a hooker killing her customer and getting away with it.
Imagine a black kid killing an aggressive neighborhood watchman and being able to use syg.
(If you really can, pm me the number of your dr. I think I'll want a prescription of some of that good stuff)

6) Boojah? Come on man....

I think you misunderstood. The first line was a statement, the thought was completed by the second.

You are absolutely correct, the courts are about legal.

But who are the laws made for?

I'll tell you, I could really care less if GZ is acquitted.

It would be unjust, in my opinion, but again, I am a private citizen, with no connection to the courts.

So I can form my opinions as to his guilt or innocence however I want.

I'm sorry that calls for social justice make you ill.

That's too bad.
The argument could be made that looking at someone, i.e. 'staring them down', is threatening. But that doesn't justify an assault, outside of a prison yard of course.

2) So GZ needs some real good evidence to convince you that he was justified. Well, all he needs to walk free is a lack of evidence of his guilt. I think that attempting to prove innocence is not on the agenda in a criminal trial here in the US, so I predict disappointment in your future.
3) So you addressed that in a previous post. Where you defending or repudiating the statement?
4) Yes I can. Your statement, "Yes, yes, I'm sure there is legal justification for that, but there's legal and then there's common sense" is baseless. Justification for what? What's legal? What is common sense? This is a string of words that conveys no idea. Since no terms or boundaries are listed, I can just make up my own and argue in circles. So it is not worthy of discussion since it means nothing to begin with.
5) No reading between the lines for me. Is there some reason you have to communicate in code? The texas trial is not connected to the florida trial. If you see a connection then your tinfoil needs changing. Just THE MAN keeping you down, eh?
So yes I can envision a scenario where a hooker or black kid doesn't get charged with murder.
Check &#8216;Sagon Penn', black man acquitted of murder of white cop in San Diego. See that wasn't so hard was it? No drugs required.
Whatever Happened To... - San Diego Magazine - November 1996 - San Diego, California
OBTW, accusing me of using drugs because I disagree with your position is not the sign of verbal mastery you think it is.
6) The first and second lines compose a simile, "Arguing A is like arguing B." That's a single thought, but it is unsupported. How is this true? An impromptu shooting resulting from a street altercation seems in no way connected to large scale, long term fraud, theft or incompetence.
The laws are supposed to apply to everyone, even the &#8216;disadvantaged'.
You can form your opinions anyway you want using any evidence or lack thereof. But this prerogative is given no weight in an argument of fact.
Restated, an opinion formed based on questionable data, no matter how fiercely held, is still glorified ignorance.
I didn't say calls for social justice make me ill, I said &#8216;calls for justice' made me ill. The difference is only a conviction will make those protestors content. They don't want justice, they want blood, period. Now, justice may be blood but it also maybe freedom. The best arbiters available are those flawed individuals on the jury.

OBTW, I don't have a personal opinion concerning the GZ/TM case. I don't have enough information and hate talking out my azz without the appropriate disclaimers.

Zimmerman just ran into a particular unpredictable and aggressive predator on that particular night.

That's absurd! By his own admission, George Zimmerman was following Trayvon. It's surreal that you're calling Trayvon the predator. It's understandable that you have your own view as to how the case should come out but Trayvon was not the guy following / pursuing / stalking another person first in a car and then on foot. George Zimmerman was. When George got out of his vehicle, the tables turned. That hardly makes Trayvon a predator.

If you really are a practicing attorney, you know whatever story your client tells will be the most self-serving version of the events possible. Taking Zimmerman's word that everything happened as he described is just flat out ridiculous especially in light of him and his wife committing the unforced error of lying to the court regarding their financial position. Their lies demonstrated that George is human. He will lie when it is to his advantage to lie.

You can go through all the excuses in the book but the core of the case is that an unarmed teenager was killed in an area he had a right to be after he ended up in a fight with an armed man who did not think he should be there.

Whatever the verdict, this is not a great instance of self-defense. Zimmerman is not the poster child for a well-trained, responsible gun owner. He was a fool. The encounter did not need to happen.

If you carry concealed, your firearm is not a superhero cape. It's a break glass in case of emergency type of tool. You carry it to get yourself out of danger not get into it. You absolutely should not use it as the excuse to be more aggressive or assertive in your dealings with others.

It's a pretty safe bet that if George was not armed that night, there was no way he was getting out of his vehicle whether it was to read the numbers as he claims or to continue pursuing Trayvon as has been suggested.

Yeah,

I've listed trolling on my list of hobbies....

Just so I think I have a life, I'm out.

I like to keep those illusions about myself that I'm interesting. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top