JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah,

I've listed trolling on my list of hobbies....

Just so I think I have a life, I'm out.

I like to keep those illusions about myself that I'm interesting. ;)

Ahh, don't take off. It was just getting interesting. Sides that, as you implied, sometimes we take ourselves a little TOO seriously on forums and everyone else far less seriously.

As the good shrink on MASH said, "Take my advice... drop your pants and slide on the ice."

Sod

That is what I am trying to find out but Law of Self Defense will not answer my questions.

How far away from Mr Zimmerman's vehicle did the confrontation take place?

Did the fight begin and end in the same area?

If Mr Zimmerman was getting back in his vehicle and was ambushed from behind, then he could have been caught off guard.

Sorry, been busy. Give me a few minutes and I'll try to pull up an image that will be helpful.

Andrew

That is what I am trying to find out but Law of Self Defense will not answer my questions.

How far away from Mr Zimmerman's vehicle did the confrontation take place?

Did the fight begin and end in the same area?

If Mr Zimmerman was getting back in his vehicle and was ambushed from behind, then he could have been caught off guard.

Here is a Google maps image of the housing complex. I've marked about where Zimmerman's car was located with a green rectangle, and where the attack occurred and Martin's body recovered (it's the same location) with the red X. Obviously neither the rectangle or X are to scale--sorry, I'm not a graphics guy, I typically work with crayons. But you can see some real cars in the image and that should give a sense of the distances involved. Also, keep in mind that area of the red X had almost no lighting at all (unless a resident turned on an outside light, not likely on a rainy night with no reason to be hanging out outside), and it was dark ~7:30PM in February.

Does that help?

Martin shooting 2-26-12.jpg

Yes, thank you. I thought the attack took place on a sidewalk adjacent to the street near Mr Zimmerman's car, not a sidewalk between the buildings. Now to me this actually weakens Mr Zimmerman's case, because the location shows that he left his vehicle to pursue Mr Martian. He went looking for trouble. The prosecution will try to paint Mr Zimmerman as a reckless vigilantly, emboldened by the gun he was wearing.

The only hope is for the defense is to prove that Mr Martian was also looking for trouble that night and eager to use those street fighting skills which he had been practicing.

Now to me this actually weakens Mr Zimmerman's case, because the location shows that he left his vehicle to pursue Mr Martian. He went looking for trouble.

Zimmerman exited his vehicle in direct response to the police dispatcher asking, "Which way is he [Martin] running?" You can either interpret those facts as indicating that Zimmerman was attempting to seek an answer to the dispatcher's questions, or that Zimmerman--calm and secure in his vehicle throughout the entire preceding portion of the call--had suddenly become a "reckless vigilanty, [sic] emboldened by the gun he was wearing ."

I know which interpretation makes more sense to me, but obviously we are each entitled to our opinion.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense
Facebook: Law of Self Defense

Hey folks,

One of the many untruths in the Zimmerman case that has been vigorously disseminated and ingrained into the public consciousness is that Zimmerman "chased/followed" Martin against police orders, or that he exited his vehicle after being told to stay inside the vehicle, or other variations of this theme.</span>

This narrative has continued, with the full-hearted support of the mainstream media and its hundreds of "investigative reporters" despite the fact that even a cursory review of the evidence clearly shows this narrative to be patently false.

We know this because we have a real-time audio recording of the events in the form of Zimmerman's non-emergency phone call to the Sanford Police Department to report a suspicious person in his neighborhood.

I've prepared an audio clip of the relevant part of that non-emergency call, as well as an annotated transcript of what I hear in that audio clip, and <broken link removed> .

When I listen to that audio not only do I NOT hear Zimmerman disobeying the dispatcher's instructions, I hear him exiting the vehicle specifically to answer the dispatcher's explicit question.

Take a listen/look and let me know what YOU think. Personally, I think this myth is . . . BUSTED.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense

Facts are never as much fun as speculation, folks.

My initial opinion was that GZ was guilty due to the press hoopla and doctored tapes. The pictures of Trayvon only as a fourteen year old and the tape editing scandal rose my first suspicions. Listening to the transcript in its full and unedited form really shook that up. Then as other evidence came forward - photographs, witnesses - I became convinced that GZ acted in self defense. Additional evidence might change that back to where I started, but for now, everything I have seen that is a verifiable fact supports GZ.

If you look at the facts and just the real evidence it's clear to me that GZ acted in self defense. Especially when you listen to the actual non edited police call. The fact that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson got involved is enough to raise serious suspicion that there is a witch hunt. Additionally all the disinformation the media is intentionally releasing is more evidence that they are reaching. If he really was guilty they wouldn't have to lie so much and release false information. ABC had a high quality video of GZ at the police station but released a poor quality version of it so his injuries weren't as clear to spot. And we all know NBC edited the recording to make it sound like GZ was racist or profiling.

So from the phone call what exactly did Treyvon do where he needed to be chased by Zimmerman - at this point there is nothing but suspicion by Zimmerman towards Martin. At the very worse Martin was trespassing. Sorry I dont think anything has been busted yet.

James Ruby

Hey folks,

George Zimmerman was arrested, charged, and soon will be tried for murder in the second degree based upon the affidavit for probable cause submitted by investigators from Angela Corey's office. *These two investigators, T.C. O'Steen and K.D. "Dale" Gilbreath, at the time collectively possessing 44 years of law enforcement including decades in homicides, put down on paper and under oath the words contained in this affidavit.

I've obtained an copy of the original affidavit of probable cause (created a transcript for easier reading) and placed them at my blog for public access here: <broken link removed>

Reading it now, with so much evidence finally revealed through discovery, and so much disinformation and propaganda now having been de-bunked, it is amazing that anyone could have believed the deceptions and untruths contained in this document.

I have my own count, but I'm sure I must have missed some. *How about we play a count the "half-truths/un-truths" game and see how many you folks can identify and list.

Bonus points for whoever can find in this affidavit, even assuming every word in it is true, the elements of murder in the second degree--782.04(2). Murder--gets bonus points, because I sure can't find them.

Not even if the affidavit is true. *(Which it's not.)

(For a discussion of what Florida law means when it requires that a person have acted with a "depraved mind" to be guilty of murder 2, see: Getting to Murder 2: Finding George Zimmerman's "Depraved Mind", over at Legal Insurrection.)

Anyway, take a look for yourselves and see what you think.

Good hunting.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense

So from the phone call what exactly did Treyvon do where he needed to be chased by Zimmerman - at this point there is nothing but suspicion by Zimmerman towards Martin. At the very worse Martin was trespassing. Sorry I dont think anything has been busted yet.

James Ruby

Thanks for self-identifying. If you can't understand at this point that there was no "chase", there's simply no help for you.

I'll just leave you and your opinion to yourselves.

Enjoy.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense

LOSD
Because my opinion is not the same as yours does not invalidate it.
It appears to me that you will do anything to ensure that Zimmerman is viewed in favorable light - I cannot agree with you on this.

James Ruby

James Ruby

Zimmerman can "follow" or "watch" anyone he wants, there is no law against it. How can you not understand this? There are laws that apply when anyone attacks and maimes someone else.
When someone is prejudice it is very difficult for that person to look at things rationally (Jesse Jackass, Al Sharpton, the MSM, Barrack Dipsht Obama).

Zimmerman exited his vehicle in direct response to the police dispatcher asking, "Which way is he [Martin] running?" You can either interpret those facts as indicating that Zimmerman was attempting to seek an answer to the dispatcher's questions, or that Zimmerman--calm and secure in his vehicle throughout the entire preceding portion of the call--had suddenly become a "reckless vigilanty, [sic] emboldened by the gun he was wearing ."

I know which interpretation makes more sense to me, but obviously we are each entitled to our opinion.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense

Hey folks,

One of the many untruths in the Zimmerman case that has been vigorously disseminated and ingrained into the public consciousness is that Zimmerman "chased/followed" Martin against police orders, or that he exited his vehicle after being told to stay inside the vehicle, or other variations of this theme.</span>

This narrative has continued, with the full-hearted support of the mainstream media and its hundreds of "investigative reporters" despite the fact that even a cursory review of the evidence clearly shows this narrative to be patently false.

We know this because we have a real-time audio recording of the events in the form of Zimmerman's non-emergency phone call to the Sanford Police Department to report a suspicious person in his neighborhood.

I've prepared an audio clip of the relevant part of that non-emergency call, as well as an annotated transcript of what I hear in that audio clip, and <broken link removed> .

When I listen to that audio not only do I NOT hear Zimmerman disobeying the dispatcher's instructions, I hear him exiting the vehicle specifically to answer the dispatcher's explicit question.

Take a listen/look and let me know what YOU think. Personally, I think this myth is . . . BUSTED.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense

I did and I hear the opposite.

Zimmerman
No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left, uh, you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. (expletive) he's running.

Dispatcher
He's running? Which way is he running?
Ambient sounds are heard which may be Zimmerman unbuckling his seat belt and his vehicle's "open door" chime sounding. The change in his voice and the sound of wind against his cell phone mic indicate that he has left his vehicle and is now walking. The dispatcher seems to pick up on these changes and sounds concerned when he later asks Zimmerman if he is following Martin.

Zimmerman
Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.

Dispatcher
Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?

Zimmerman
The back entrance...(expletive)(unclear)

Dispatcher
Are you following him?

Zimmerman
Yeah.

Dispatcher
Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman
Ok.

Mr Zimmerman knew the police were on the way and that they had his cell number. The dispatcher told him not to follow after he exited the vehicle, yet emboldened by the gun he was wearing Mr Zimmerman went looking for trouble. That plus his earlier recorded comment "These @$$holes, they always get away." will probably put Mr Zimmerman away with some sort of manslaughter charge unless the defense can prove that the disparity of force had shifted solidly in favour from a 194 pound grown man with a pistol to a 158 pound minor with a bag of skittles.

Bottom line is that Mr Zimmerman started the sequence of events and we can be sure that if he had stayed in his vehicle, then nobody would have died at the Retreat at Twin Lakes that evening.

I believe both sides of the argument can agree that if Zimmerman was a cop all of this would have been long forgotten, GZ would have got a raise and a pat on the back for a job well done.

If you are going to kill someone, even if in self defense - or not, in reality you better have a kill-at-will license (a badge).

Hey folks,

First a quick reminder that I'll be providing live, all-day coverage of Day 6 of jury selection for the Zimmerman trial over at Legal Insurrection. We'll provide live video streaming, a rolling Twitter feed of selected contributors, real-time posts of breaking events, and of course our wildly popular end-of-day wrap up. *I don't have a link for you until we go live, but we'll start coverage as soon as the Court goes into session, usually right at 9AM.

Now, to the meat of this post: Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman really "racially profile" Trayvon Martin, and was that alleged racial motivation the "depraved mind" element that makes this killing qualify as murder in the second degree?

NBC News produced a version of the recording of Zimmerman's non-emergency call to the police in which he appeared to volunteer, unsolicited, the fact that Martin was black. (NBC is currently being sued by Zimmerman for this act of malice.)

Fortunately, you don't have to rely on anyone else's "opinion" on the matter. In my newest blog post I have placed a copy of both the relevant snippet of that call and a transcript of what was said (for convenience):

Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman really “racially profile” Martin?

Take a listen/look and see what you think. Did Zimmerman racially profile Martin? *Based on the facts in evidence, I'd have to say that myth is . . . BUSTED!

Andrew

@LawSelfDefense

Zimmerman can "follow" or "watch" anyone he wants, there is no law against it. How can you not understand this? There are laws that apply when anyone attacks and maimes someone else.
When someone is prejudice it is very difficult for that person to look at things rationally (Jesse Jackass, Al Sharpton, the MSM, Barrack Dipsht Obama).

You start following me and if done at close enough distance I could attribute it to you getting ready to jump me - I would find myself getting ready to protect myself. You have initiated the conflict and the problem through your actions. The fact of the matter is that Zimmerman was never asked to follow or pursue on foot. You follow me long enough or close enough there will be some sort of confrontation. Zimmermans only job was to observe - he was not a law officer.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads