JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just saw that the judge blocked the audio experts from testifying in the case. The recording can still be played and each side can have people familiar with TM or GZ voice testify who they believe the voice belongs to. This is good for GZ especially since TM dad initially said the voice wasn't his sons

Last Edited:
I just saw that the judge blocked the audio experts from testifying in the case. The recording can still be played and each side can have people familiar with TM or GZ voice testify who they believe the voice belongs to. This is good for GZ especially since TM dad initially said the voice want his sons

wasn't

Hey folks,

Today marks the first day of the trial proper, with opening statements. It is with these statements that both the State and the defense will set out their theory of the case. We will, of course, be covering today's trial with all-day live coverage, including video streaming and a running Twitter feed of selected commenters, here: Legal Insurrection Zimmerman Trial LIVE - Day 1 - Opening Statements.

To date, the State's apparent theory has been that Zimmerman "profiled, chased, and killed Martin."

The theory of the defense, in addition to challenging the underlying criminality of Zimmerman's alleged "profiling" and "chasing," is that Zimmerman's killing of Martin was done in necessary and lawful self-defense, as provided under Florida law.

It should be fascinating to see what "facts" the State points to in both supporting the alleged criminal charge (which the State will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt) and in undermining Zimmerman's claim of self-defense (which the State will have to disprove beyond a reasonable doubt).

P.S. FYI, we've pulled together a compilation of our notes on these six final jurors (and the four alternates) here: Meet the Zimmerman Trial Jurors.

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense
Facebook: Law of Self Defense

This prosecutor should start writing screeplays... good golly, he's dramatic.

"the defendant got out of his car, with a fully loaded kel-tec 9mm pistol AND TWO flashlights, not one but TWO flashlights."

Rather fact-free opening statement--State seems to be basing theory of case on the ABSENCE of evidence--"no blood on Trayvon's hands"--so Zimmerman's injuries were self-inflicted, then?

No one heard Martin say, "You're going to die tonight," so that means it didn't happen?

Andrew
@LawSelfDefense
Facebook: Law of Self Defense

Fact free?

It is a fact no blood was found on trayvons hands.
Have your opinions, but the facts are facts.

No one heard Martin say "You're going to die tonight"
That is a fact.
Sounds like the word of a dead man against the word of someone who has already misled the court.

Come on man, make better arguments.

You're a lawyer.

Your going to trust the guy with the most to lose to give truthful testimony. Zimmerman, no different than many of us and will not say anything if he is smart that will hurt himself - even if his testimony is false.

James Ruby

Your going to trust the guy with the most to lose to give truthful testimony. Zimmerman, no different than many of us and will not say anything if he is smart that will hurt himself - even if his testimony is false.

James Ruby

You will have to. Only way to hear the other side, is with a Psychic.

James Ruby

If I were on the jury, I would make a judgement as to whether he was believable or not. But I would not automatically discount him as untruthful just because his testimonly helps his case.

But people who say "no one" heard those words have already displayed their bias against Zimmerman.

No, see that's the thing pchewn.

My bias against zimmerman hasn bee stated, not implied.

When I say no one, I mean no one "other than zimmerman"

And seriously, there are (i'm sure) so many other "grey area" sd cases out there.
Why are people rallying around this guy?
He made so many mistakes, the biggest being getting out of his car to follow this kid.
It really was an avoidable situation.

IF there is really good evidence, I can change my mind.
But it will have to be damn good evidence.

And, yes, I know how the courts work.

That's the thing.

I'm not in court, so I can interpret what I know, how I want to.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top