JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've chrono'd my 16" 9mm. It get about 1250ish at muzzle with 115 factory ball rounds. Anywhere from .5" to 1.25" of drop at 50 yards. Roughly 10" drop at 100 yards.

If your looking for a straight line zero. IE no drop. I'd say 30 yards is about right for a flat trajectory.

I still recommend 50 yards though. You will be slightly high in close, but it isn't much if your optic is mounted high from the bore.

25 yards is good to get going , adjusting buis and reddot . You should know how where they hit at close range like 10 yards as well. But , I always go to 50 and many times the vertical is super close or the same as 25 but i can fine tune the windage. I would like to try 100 yards just to see holdover or clicks up on the pc9.

Sounds good.

All I ever hope to do is ring a 10" plate at 50-100....... now I just need time to actually get out and hang some targets:(

20181008_131421.jpg

I zeroed my pcc at 40 yds on paper at home, it breaks clays dead on at 100. .....and its a hipoint. just sayin'
it is like a hi powered 22. dot sight will never have the finese of good cross hairs. As long as I can clang steel, all is good

Alright...

Took it out and got on paper at 50 yards.
The spread was horrendous though. Like 10"

Im sure I was part of the problem, but I was sighting in a freshly built 7.62x39 AR too and I had better groups.

Is there a Twist rate/bullet weight consideration on these like with other rifle rounds? Is the 4MOA dot just too big to get a better grouping?

Alright...

Took it out and got on paper at 50 yards.
The spread was horrendous though. Like 10"

Im sure I was part of the problem, but I was sighting in a freshly built 7.62x39 AR too and I had better groups.

Is there a Twist rate/bullet weight consideration on these like with other rifle rounds? Is the 4MOA dot just too big to get a better grouping?

Standard twist is 1:10, doesnt make too much difference though, all 9mm bullets are short. I've got better accuracy with HP bullets out of a carbine, I think moving the center of mass rearward helps. 4 MOA dot is fast but not conducive to accuracy.

Factory ammo? What kind?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads