JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let somebody else build your import name and if it's popular enough then do it yourself.... if it failed or never grew well, keep your middle man.

I think it was not a good idea to choose their warehouse location.

Either way CAI has been limiting their imports and said it was due to cugir and zastava having military contracts. This might be contradicting what they claim...

They probably got tired of Century's reputation for putting out crap tarnishing them. I wouldn't mind having a Yugo under folder made the right way.
Seriously, my friend keeps seeing yugo and romy AKs and think they're crap cause CAI is on there lol.

I wish Cugir will follow suit soon. Tbh it sounds like CAI has also been keeping their imports low to push their crap tRASh47s on us, and Zastava is sick and tired of it.

That aside this is the greatest news for the AK in a while. I hope they make it, everyone should have an AR and AK.

Seriously, my friend keeps seeing yugo and romy AKs and think they're crap cause CAI is on there lol.

I wish Cugir will follow suit soon. Tbh it sounds like CAI has also been keeping their imports low to push their crap tRASh47s on us, and Zastava is sick and tired of it.

That aside this is the greatest news for the AK in a while. I hope they make it, everyone should have an AR and AK.

Totally agree. I had zero issue with their imports, love my SAR-1 but man they once they start making them...lookout.

Totally agree. I had zero issue with their imports, love my SAR-1 but man they once they start making them...lookout.
Yeah, the only thing they can say about the american aks they make is fit and finish... but durability, reliability, etc? Nope.

I'd take a beat to hell wasr 10/63 over the stuff they make! Canted sight? Bah, if it can be zeroed it is much better than anything they make.

I think it was not a good idea to choose their warehouse location.

Either way CAI has been limiting their imports and said it was due to cugir and zastava having military contracts. This might be contradicting what they claim...

Some time early last year Zastava informed Century that there would be a massive price increase on Zastava firearms. Century put out the feelers to some dealers and distributors to take opinions on if Zastava stuff would be worth importing if they had almost double the street price. The consensus was that they wouldn't sell at the higher price point and Century decided not to import at the higher prices.

It will be interesting to see the cost on the guns, Maybe Zastava raised Century's prices because they wanted to cut out the middleman or maybe they are importing the guns themselves now because Century wasn't willing to import at the higher prices.

Some time early last year Zastava informed Century that there would be a massive price increase on Zastava firearms. Century put out the feelers to some dealers and distributors to take opinions on if Zastava stuff would be worth importing if they had almost double the street price. The consensus was that they wouldn't sell at the higher price point and Century decided not to import at the higher prices.

It will be interesting to see the cost on the guns, Maybe Zastava raised Century's prices because they wanted to cut out the middleman or maybe they are importing the guns themselves now because Century wasn't willing to import at the higher prices.
Interesting. One of their rifles may be close to 2 grand, but no idea on the regular AKs.

Hopefully they just wanted to cut ties with CAI.

Here's a hilarious screen shot from Zastava's statements.... chrome lined barrels provides excellent precision.... :rolleyes:

E92672FC-430B-453F-8571-3F85FAF4B0FB.jpeg

Yes, I was gonna say.. None of my zastavas have ever been chromed. Ever... I prefer chromed for the barrel protection it provides, but my Zastavas have been more accurate than my chromed brand X, Y, and Z's... over nearly 35 years... It is my opinion that the Serbs went for accuracy as much as possible in all their rifles (not talking about the beater parts AKs sold here awhile back).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top