JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's really hard to have any sympathy for idiots who live in San Francisco, but it's especially hard if they drive a (notso)Smart car too.

smart-flip-876.jpg

<broken link removed>

Can you imagine what the call to the insurance adjuster must be like?

You watch the left will try to make this a hate crime or at least call it "Eco terrorism". Especially if the car(s) in question belong to tree huggers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cows can get themselves back up.

Other explanations:
1.2 magnitude earthquake
24 MPH wind
Skateboarders going by.

Yeah it's rotten for the owners, but funny at the same time.

It's a poor way to treat somebody's property, no matter what the vehicle is. I would heat up anybody I saw doing that. Forum rules do not allow more clear language than this.

I agree I suppose.....But I can't help it, when I see those cars (Cars To Go) and others, parked or driving, they piss me off. I keep it to myself for the most part though. What if a person need to build something? Needs 2x4, or a sheet of plywood? Go camping, and take the kids, OR a cooler?

The worst though were those "Zip Cars" electric cars with only three wheels. Now THAT company really hosed a lot of people!

I really hate vandalism, but will admit to getting a little chuckle off of this one because I know a guy who owns one and comes across as a little self-important for his ownership of this vehicle. As teens, some friends and I met at the house of a buddy late one night. We managed to lift the back end of his old Subaru up onto the lawn so the car was facing the street. I would have loved to have seen his face in the morning. No damage to the car, just good teenage fun at the time.

Ultimately, the market will determine the viability of these vehicles. I read something that said how ridiculous it was to take one of these smart cars on a long drive on the interstate, and it was just as ridiculous to drive a large SUV in downtown new York. Obviously extremes in both examples but to me, the point was well taken. These things do have a place but it's rather restricted in it's application. I was also surprised to learn that the conversion from electricity to forward motion was extremely efficient and much less costly than fossil fuels. Presently, the technology isn't there to make this an economical option because of the up front costs and the environmentally negative impacts that battery production presents. I don't begrudge someone driving one of these things, but I do get a little ticked off that we're the ones footing the bill for the free charging stations in the cities.

Ultimately, the market will determine the viability of these vehicles.
Not true. There are no "free market forces" at work here. The government is influencing those forces therefore no true innovation can or will be made.

In other words the obummer will keep throwing money at this until we all have no real choice and we will be driving around with our chins between our knees looking for the nearest charging port.

I was also surprised to learn that the conversion from electricity to forward motion was extremely efficient and much less costly than fossil fuels.
Partially true. Electric motors are very efficient. Especially when accelerating. Railroads have known this for years. However, all this is negated when one takes into account how the electricity is produced (to charge the batteries) in the first place. To make matters worse is obbummer's war on coal, nuclear and hydro. How does it get generated then? Obviously, he wants us all to depend on the weather for sustainable energy.

Speaking of batteries, ironically they cannot legally be produced in the US because of all of the EPA regulations. Somehow, I don't think the left thought that one all the way through.

............I do get a little ticked off that we're the ones footing the bill for the free charging stations in the cities.
Yet another example of the left's wealth redistribution program.

Last Edited:
Ultimately, the market will determine the viability of these vehicles. I read something that said how ridiculous it was to take one of these smart cars on a long drive on the interstate, and it was just as ridiculous to drive a large SUV in downtown new York. Obviously extremes in both examples but to me, the point was well taken. These things do have a place but it's rather restricted in it's application. I was also surprised to learn that the conversion from electricity to forward motion was extremely efficient and much less costly than fossil fuels. Presently, the technology isn't there to make this an economical option because of the up front costs and the environmentally negative impacts that battery production presents. I don't begrudge someone driving one of these things, but I do get a little ticked off that we're the ones footing the bill for the free charging stations in the cities.

I've driven mine, yes I own one, from Oregon to California and back several times. 1 liter Mitsubishi 3B2 fuel injected gasoline rear mounted engine, 70 hp., 5 speed automatic, 90 MPH governed top speed, 41 MPG.

They do have one that is all electric, but just for city driving due to limited range.

I drive from my home in the central coast to Ashland on less than 8 gallons of gas, refuel and continue to Northern California, all on less than 16 gallons of fuel. I can fit an ice chest behind the passenger seats along with two suit cases and a full sized spare tire. The compartment in the tailgate is perfect storage of an AR15 or AK 47, too!! :D

I really hate Prius drivers though!!

I've driven mine, yes I own one, from Oregon to California and back several times. 1 liter Mitsubishi 3B2 fuel injected gasoline rear mounted engine, 70 hp., 5 speed automatic, 90 MPH governed top speed, 41 MPG.

They do have one that is all electric, but just for city driving due to limited range.

I drive from my home in the central coast to Ashland on less than 8 gallons of gas, refuel and continue to Northern California, all on less than 16 gallons of fuel. I can fit an ice chest behind the passenger seats along with two suit cases and a full sized spare tire. The compartment in the tailgate is perfect storage of an AR15 or AK 47, too!! :D

Amazing mileage. My wife's 2005 Ford Focus 3 door which seats 4 adults comfortably and up to 8 bags of grocery's or 4 suitcases in the trunk. AND gets 35mpg commuting from Silverton to Lake Oswego every day. And 36-37 on long freeway trips. so you get what 4-6mpg better with half the car

My grandpas 79 Datsun 210 Wagon got 41-42mpg on the freeway and we moved a 3 piece sectional couch in (and on it) at one time. That car only lasted to 327K miles though so it was a piece of junk.

As to the tipping of Smart Cars in CA it is considered to be FELONY VANDALISUM and anyone caught will be charged with it. So they said on the news last night.

Interesting the attitude towards Smart cars here, based pretty much on ignorance. Reminds me of the anti-gun types, just a different topic.

My in-laws have one that they tow behind their motor home. It's rated for towing, it's lightweight & small, it gets great mileage, and they don't need more space than it has for the purpose.

Amazing mileage. My wife's 2005 Ford Focus 3 door which seats 4 adults comfortably and up to 8 bags of grocery's or 4 suitcases in the trunk. AND gets 35mpg commuting from Silverton to Lake Oswego every day. And 36-37 on long freeway trips. so you get what 4-6mpg better with half the car

My grandpas 79 Datsun 210 Wagon got 41-42mpg on the freeway and we moved a 3 piece sectional couch in (and on it) at one time. That car only lasted to 327K miles though so it was a piece of junk.

As to the tipping of Smart Cars in CA it is considered to be FELONY VANDALISUM and anyone caught will be charged with it. So they said on the news last night.

I see more GEO Metros and GEO Trackers on the road today mainly because of the low purchase prices and great gas mileage. I also tow mine behind a motorhome that has a 2000 lb. towing limit. It works.

Many smaller cars are getting improved mileage as that market begins to become more popular. I decided to drive the wheels off the smart when I bought it 4 years ago.

I've got one also. They are excellent parallel parkers. It makes it difficult to park my Cherokee which is pretty good itself.

My brother and I did an engine swap on his 4dr 96 Honda civic back in 1999 when he blew up the old one over revving it.
He bought a Japanese market only 1.6 liter engine and transmission with 30,000 miles on it online and had it shipped from Osaka for less than he could buy just an engine around here.

The new engine was making around 180 hp and red lined at like 8,600 it got 39 mpg on the hwy, on a four door with a trunk.

You would think with such a light car, like that little turtle on its back they could do better than 41 mpg.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads