JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This rig gets you lower and out of the way, but allows for flexibility, especially when sitting. Draws are fast because it doesn't bind up. If you need to clear gear, a QLS attachment will get you out there another 3/8 to 1/2 inch. I tried it, and didn't care for it because I had a hard time finding it when reholstering. YMMV

This is a Safariland 6004 thigh rig. I use the rigid backer and semi-rigid belt attachment. This setup does not flop around, even at a sprint. You can also mount a couple things to it. As you can see, I have a tourniquet on mine. You can buy several different belt attachments for this. One goes on a paddle that Allows you to quickly mount it on your edc belt.

View attachment 747332

View attachment 747333

That's an excellent drop leg setup. Definitely worth the scratch.

You can do it cheaper by buying the rig separate and then using a Safariland 6378 rather than a level 3 duty holster. You'd be out the door around $100 to $110.

Actually, street price would be more like $90 for the thigh rig and a 6378.

@HA556 THIS is the way to go if you are wanting a drop leg rig.

One more thing, a downfall is you basically lose all your pockets on that side.

Keeps the wearer from going blind playing pocket pool.

have tried this setup several times, like it better than my drop leg

IMG_0198.jpg

It'd be nice if the Safariland site was a bit easier to find stuff on.
They have some pretty cool stuff now, you just have to dig a bit.
I seen that TMA system on a video and will be getting that as I have more than 1 pistol and being able to swap it out as needed is pretty slick.

At first from the title, I thought you were asking if I left a spare in my trailer parked out in the woods at Taylor park.

Strong side, outside my waistband, in a semi flexible holster that keeps it lower than the edges of my plate carrier.
Me being a bit slower at getting dressed than others, I just leave an old pair of BDU's with an old duty belt holding the holster, multitool, switchblade, flashlight and spare magazine.

That makes it handy enough to leave in the living room so that I can grab it as we leave if the fire comes our way.

If I need to wash them like after hunting, I just take my tools out of the sheaths and throw the pants in the machine, or hang them from the clothesline and hose them down.

DSCF1511.JPG

I'm not finding to my needs on the Safariland site to support the WML for my G35 but, did find this one that is sparking my interest. Like how I can use any WML if I decide to change that and not have to buy a whole new holster. Also, it can be used for a couple of other side arms that I have in my inventory.

Last Edited:
I'm not finding to my needs on the Safariland site to support the WML for my G35 but, did find this one that is sparking my interest. Like how I can use any WML if I decide to change that and not have to buy a whole new holster. Also, it can be used for a couple of other side arms that I have in my inventory.

Here is the thigh rig for $49

Here is a right handed 6378 that will take an X300U, also for $49

Kydex chest rig....drop legs are a pain in the bubblegum to run , climb with, hip holster is great until you have a ruck with a hip belt.
Agree with others who advocate for kydex...perhaps not as comfortable, but you can get em wet, they keep a consistent shape / draw resistance.

Kydex chest rig....drop legs are a pain in the bubblegum to run , climb with, hip holster is great until you have a ruck with a hip belt.
Agree with others who advocate for kydex...perhaps not as comfortable, but you can get em wet, they keep a consistent shape / draw resistance.
Lol, bubblegum? Auto correct...sorry!

Lol, bubblegum? Auto correct...sorry!
You're not new here, but I'll 'splain it fer ya, in case ya forgot...

The site owner set it up so that certain "naughty" words are picked up and autochanged to "bubblegum".
There are several words that are caught in this filter, such as:
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
and a host of others.

You get the idea... ;)

Depends on what's going on but I either use my leather M7 chest rig or my M12 nylon drop-leg. I usually prefer the chest rig because it doesn't interfere with driving.

Depends on what's going on but I either use my leather M7 chest rig or my M12 nylon drop-leg. I usually prefer the chest rig because it doesn't interfere with driving.

If you are a driver, you may want to consider the Andrews Leather Carjacker.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top