JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Craps hitting the fan, you take to the road or hills with your AR/AK/Shotgun etc. etc. as your primary defense weapon. Where is your secondary defense hand gun located? Drop leg, chest rig, SMOB or in between the butt cheek. Lets see your setup! (We don't really need the between the butt cheek pics:D)

Last Edited:
We're just rural enough that my / our plan is to bug in. My days of running the hills with a heavy load are probably behind me. If it's a real SHTF event, our families will bug in here; food and ammo are in stock. Yes, I've discussed this with them and we have a solid plan. As such, I haven't really given rigging much thought. As they say, one man's opinion....

We're just rural enough that my / our plan is to bug in. My days of running the hills with a heavy load are probably behind me. If it's a real SHTF event, our families will bug in here; food and ammo are in stock. Yes, I've discussed this with them and we have a solid plan. As such, I haven't really given rigging much thought. As they say, one man's opinion....
Appreciate the thoughts! I too am in a situation where bugging in is more realistic. But, if I had to leave my residence because a fire is encroaching, then I am looking to carry my G35 in something other than the waist. I'm going to have my long gun and probably some kind of pack and upper rig so, getting to that secondary sidearm needs to be quick and accessible.

Last Edited:
I have a belt set up with a holster and HSGI Tacos for extra mags. Oh and a med kit, knife and leatherman too.

nintchdbpict000371348508.jpg

P.S. you know it's not a Glock since it showed up in xray:D

For those of us that were in the military, carrying weapons depends on the mission. In the case that is proposed, a primary weapon would be a long arm of choice and the secondary would be in a holster that suited the carrier and the weapon. I'd either be carrying a Glock 19 or a 26, plus my Kabar in a belt sheath. My holsters are primarily Kydex or ballistic nylon. My experience has been that leather will eventually lose it's shape and rot. Then there's the matter of ammunition. Three mags for my AR and three for my Glock. I'd also have a small flashlight and first aid kit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top