JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a personal fan of "McClane carry"

DieHard Gun on Back.png

I have a drop leg for my 1911 but not sure I'll ever carry it that way...

The rest of my pistol holsters are all OWB.

Im with the bugging in group but these fires have me setting up a few BOB's cuz I just keep putting that off.

With 3 of us including my daughter who just finished her bachelors at home we would have plenty of Rifles so pistols would be a far second weapon and probably more useful in the car then walking.

Appreciate the thoughts! I to am in a situation where bugging in is more realistic. But, if I had to leave my residence because a fire is encroaching, then I am looking to carry my G35 in something other than the waist. I'm going to have my long gun and probably some kind of pack and upper rig so, getting to that secondary sidearm needs to be quick and accessible.

I'm curious, are you ex Ranger or Delta? Basing it on your rank and where you've served.

OpSec stays with them long after separation from the service... ;)

I have a battle belt that I would wear with a hiking style pack but my OWB rig works fine with an Assault pack. I only need the BB for a larger pack since other gear on my belt doesn't work with the larger pack.

I'm liking something like this basic system for minimal use. Outside of my OP, it probably wouldn't get used much.

basic-stehenne-puzdro-4140-2082-size-frontend-large-v-2.jpg

I'm liking something like this basic system for minimal use. Outside of my OP, it probably wouldn't get used much.

View attachment 747317

I had and still have a thigh holster. It works, but is not that great for real world usage IME. I did a 14 mile hike in ROUGH terrain (it was a scramble, no trail, ridiculous elevation gain) and my rig was flopping all over the place. It worked but I switched away from it after that.

I can fit my hand cart in the back of the car.
It's what I use when going shooting and ya gotta pack it all in.
Hmm rearrange the plates so it completely covers the back....
The extendable handle is padded for a shooting rest too.

This is a Safariland 6004 thigh rig. I use the rigid backer and semi-rigid belt attachment. This setup does not flop around, even at a sprint. You can also mount a couple things to it. As you can see, I have a tourniquet on mine. You can buy several different belt attachments for this. One goes on a paddle that Allows you to quickly mount it on your edc belt.

0C07CB4B-0481-4D7F-BA51-10D8142FFE04.jpeg

56E8A6FD-D4BA-4533-8858-74752D773CAC.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews