JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fla. sheriff's heated response to reporter's question about 'gunfight' comment..............:s0155:

A Florida sheriff said he had "no regrets" when asked about previous remarks following a shootout between police and murder suspects.

During a press conference this past week, a reporter asked Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd if he regretted saying that his officers were prepared for a "gun fight" with four suspects who went on a crime spree that included robbing a pawn shop, firing at officers, and murdering two women.

"I think everybody understands the gravity of what happened and the urgency and the response that you took," the reporter said. "Some of the comments you made last night about shooting the suspects, possibly, and the comments today about 'ready for a gunfight' — was that in the heat of the moment? Do you have any regret about that?"

Judd didn't miss a beat and immediately responded to the question, saying that he wouldn't change anything that he said in his initial comments.
EHauR4T.jpg

Last Edited:
He's the same Sheriff that a while back when a reporter asked after his deputies returned fire when being shot at by some other bad guy that had taken cover at night in a wooded area.....

Reporter, "How come they shot the perp 68 times?"
Sheriff Grady, "That's all the bullets we had."

PS......I just checked "Snopes" and according to them...it's true.

Last Edited:
Transcript of the OP video

Haines City Police Chief:
At the end of the day everyone's safe, please continue your normal life, and know that the men and women of Law Enforcement will put their lives at risk to keep you safe, and that's what happened. They killed two innocent women last night in their homes, they tried to kill a lot of Law Enforcement officers last night and were unsuccessful and we took them all in custody.

Reporter:
I think everybody understands the gravity of what happened and the urgency and the response that you took some of the comments that you made last night about shooting the suspects possibly and the comments today about the ready for a gunfight, was that in the heat of the moment? Do you have any regret about that, and why?

Haines City Police Chief:
No, I don't, I not only have no regret but i'm pretty excited about telling you that's exactly what would have happened. And make no mistake about it there's nothing about politically correct in a gunfight there's nothing about politically correct when you're keeping people alive and well and safe and people in this community and these law enforcement officers come first I meant every word of it then and I mean every word of it now. If you surrender peacefully that's the way we prefer it, you start pointing guns at us you can not only plan on, but you can guarantee we're gonna shoot you.

So are those the two murdered women and four gunmen in that photo?

If so this is CLEARLY another case of LEO racism against negros in America. o_O

NOT! :rolleyes:

Yeah the reporter was sounding like he would have liked to tried that one, and that Sheriff pretty much punched his lights out on that comment.

What I liked was the one where he said "because that's all the ammo we had" ROFLOL,
What story was that one about.
This guy sounds like he has the cohones of Arapaio :)
Need many thousands more like those two.

Well...........they're not going to a cream puff flinging match, dumb azz (the reporter)! This guys worried about PC and semantics when the four killers were taken ALIVE!
I'm so glad that all the LEO's were unharmed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top