JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That isn't even worth answering.

There was a reason I wrote the words "representative republic" and not just the word "republic". I also never attached the word "majority" to the word "people" - although it is somewhat implied that proper representation would entail that the majority of the people would hold sway through their representatives.
The only thing that is obvious here is that your reading comprehension needs work.

Things won't fall apart until you start seeing Americans go hungry for the first time. We Americans are spoiled, what we call the current economic recession is laughable, 3/4 of the world wishes they were living as poorly as us, lol.

We are up so high and living so opulent that we have whole magnitudes of down to go before we could call our style of living anywhere near a crisis.

I think you are on the money on this. The Occupy events are just a precursor of the unrest that is yet to come if we don't get things turned around and we likely have a long ways to go before things get really ugly. Then again, it may be the relative difference in standard of living that matters, I guess time will tell as I don't see any fixes on the horizon.

:s0112::s0112: So the survivalist movement has been with us for decades yet the collapse never happens. Preppers are putting lots of their wealth back in food and ammo for the big crash yet it doesn't happen. Remember Y2K, never happened. The question is, "what has to happen first before it all falls apart?":s0131::s0112::s0112:

jj

As someone who works in IT, I can tell you with 100% of certainty that the only reason that "Y2K did not happen" is because billions of dollars went into an effort to make sure that it did not.
Saying that Y2K did not happen is like saying that a flood did not happen, without accounting for the fact that the city built flood walls and dykes to protect it.

As someone who works in IT, I can tell you with 100% of certainty that the only reason that "Y2K did not happen" is because billions of dollars went into an effort to make sure that it did not.
Saying that Y2K did not happen is like saying that a flood did not happen, without accounting for the fact that the city built flood walls and dykes to protect it.

5 billion pre-Obama dollars

although it is somewhat implied that proper representation would entail that the majority of the people would hold sway through their representatives.

No, the majority of people don't hold sway through their representatives. The 1 million people in Montana have two Senators and the 30 million people in Kalifornia have two senators. That is a republic, not a democracy, and Montana has as much power in congress to make our laws as California does. That is not majority rule.

The only thing that is obvious here is that your reading comprehension needs work.

I just had to write it for you twice, and you think I need help with reading comprehension?

///

Quote Originally Posted by locobob View Post
although it is somewhat implied that proper representation would entail that the majority of the people would hold sway through their representatives.

No, the majority of people don't hold sway through their representatives. The 1 million people in Montana have two Senators and the 30 million people in Kalifornia have two senators. That is a republic, not a democracy, and Montana has as much power in congress to make our laws as California does. That is not majority rule.

I just had to write it for you twice, and you think I need help with reading comprehension?

///

Same number of senators but not representatives and given that all spending bills originate in the House, that does give the heavily populated states an advantage.
None of it matters however as most of these guys play not by the rules in the rule book but rather by their own rules. They do not stay within the bounds of the rules and are more concerned with what is best for them as opposed to what is best for their constituents.
Until enough people wake up and throw all of them out and do so often, all we do here is vent and split hairs while they continue to get away with stuff that should put them behind bars.

Same number of senators but not representatives and given that all spending bills originate in the House, that does give the heavily populated states an advantage.

Originate yes, but have to be also passed by the Senate. Ultimately the Senate has by far the most powers such as the power to conduct trials upon impeachment, the power to ratify treaties, etc. etc. That gives Montana as much power as California.

None of it matters however as most of these guys play not by the rules in the rule book but rather by their own rules. They do not stay within the bounds of the rules and are more concerned with what is best for them as opposed to what is best for their constituents.
Until enough people wake up and throw all of them out and do so often, all we do here is vent and split hairs while they continue to get away with stuff that should put them behind bars.

That I agree with.

I think that before we see Americans starving in the streets, we will see tight regulations on many of the ways we like to communicate.
The freedom to surf the web and share our thoughts with like minded individuals, such as this forum.

I will know for certain that something is going down, when I can no longer access this site because it has been regulated away.

The last laugh is coming soon on those who didn't prep. Don't show up at my fortress asking for a handout or to join us, the wise already did

So, is there a red flag of warning that will start the ball rolling for you?

jj
This might do it:
Senate Moves To Allow Military To Arrest Americans Without Charge Or Trial | Conservative Byte
The Senate is set to vote on a bill today that would define the whole of the United States as a "battlefield" and allow the U.S. Military to arrest American citizens in their own back yard without charge or trial.
There is some debate about whether this legislation will actually be extended to include American citizens.

But it's a little too far down the slippery slope for me.

This might do it:
Senate Moves To Allow Military To Arrest Americans Without Charge Or Trial | Conservative Byte

There is some debate about whether this legislation will actually be extended to include American citizens.

But it's a little to far down the slippery slope for me.

Another example of why the Senate needs to read the Constitution.
Whoever created this should be tossed out of Senate at the next election, along with those who support it.
I did see a reference there to L. Graham (R), and am not surprised. He does not deserve to have a R nor a D after his name. I think M for moron would be more appropriate.

This might do it:

But it's a little too far down the slippery slope for me.

Yikes! That's a step in the scary direction. I've got an idea for you Senators... how about you debate a return to the frickin "Rule of Law" while we debate whether you should keep your jobs.

For those complaining about how the Senate doesn't represent the "majority of the people" and California vs. Montana, the Senate was originally designed to represent the states' interests and not "the peoples' interests". The states were to have equal power among themselves because each is a sovereign power and was to control the national government and to limits its power. Most governmental power was to reside with the states so that the people could control that level. That thought certainly has been corrupted. The Seventeenth Amendment changed the senators from being chosen by the legislatures of the states (U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Section 3) to election by the people of a state (you can view these documents at: Constitution of the United States - Official . That has taken the original idea that the states would protect us from the national government and thrown that out so that we are now at the mercy of the feds.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews