JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My 9 mm High Point carbine is so very ugly it's beautiful.

It was featured in "Planet of the Apes" as those no good ape soldiers carried em for their beautiful, but effective ugliness cuz those ape soldiers were ugly too.

P.S. When I've taken it to the range, no one and I mean no one, asks me about it, though it performs flawlessly and accurately. Snobs...

Con: Way to difficult to disassemble for cleaning. Thus, I spray and lube and when that ultimately fails as I fear, I'll hack saw it up and buy a Ruger 9 mm carbine.

Oh this should be fun. Who probably shouldn't own a gun? Obviously besides those that aren't legally able to.

Welp, the "time to crime" for most gun manufacturers, meaning the time it takes them from being new to being used in a crime is around 11 years. That is just the guns that are used in a crime, and an average so plenty of guns not used in a crime ever to take in to account.

Hi-Point has the FASTEST "time to crime" rate of 1 year for crimes committed by 18-24 year olds.

Reasons? They are cheap, "disposable" and as pointed out here nobody would care if they lost it or "threw it out of a blimp".

Hi-Point knows exactly what they are doing, and is well aware that their products are at the top of the crime list in many major metropolitan areas. They plaster $100 bills all over their wares in hopes to attract a certain stigma or status symbol to their potential customers. Or even better release a "new" gun with some worn out internet slang blazoned on the slide.

Nope, I won't support a company that takes such an approach. You all can, to each his own. But I have a right to my opinion as well.

$100 HP.jpg
tenor.gif

If their similarly priced then what would be the odds those wouldn't be used in crime if hi-point didn't exist?

Don't know, don't care. So because Hi-Point exists and has the lowest price point they get a free pass? Taurus has some offerings in the exact same price range and I couldn't find jack about their "time to crime" rate. It's not just price, it's a whole stigma.

Don't know, don't care. So because Hi-Point exists and has the lowest price point they get a free pass? Taurus has some offerings in the exact same price range and I couldn't find jack about their "time to crime" rate. It's not just price, it's a whole stigma.
That stigma would probably go to another name had they not been around. And to be fair its not like Taurus has a stigma for being crap either.

Only way to get rid of saturday night specials is just not have them priced so cheap.

That stigma would probably go to another name had they not been around. And to be fair its not like Taurus has a stigma for being crap either.

Only way to get rid of saturday night specials is just not have them priced so cheap.

Or get rid of Saturday night. :D

And get drunk on a friday night? Nah, can't go to church with a hangover!

I mean, to be fair if Taurus named a gun yeet cannon I don't think anyone would really care about hi-point unless they absolutely had no other option.
Well if you are on a budget.
And can only afford a hi point or a Taurus.
Get what you can afford.
What is the FRONT SIGHT motto .
Any gun will do as long as you will.

Welp, the "time to crime" for most gun manufacturers, meaning the time it takes them from being new to being used in a crime is around 11 years. That is just the guns that are used in a crime, and an average so plenty of guns not used in a crime ever to take in to account.

Hi-Point has the FASTEST "time to crime" rate of 1 year for crimes committed by 18-24 year olds.

Reasons? They are cheap, "disposable" and as pointed out here nobody would care if they lost it or "threw it out of a blimp".

Hi-Point knows exactly what they are doing, and is well aware that their products are at the top of the crime list in many major metropolitan areas. They plaster $100 bills all over their wares in hopes to attract a certain stigma or status symbol to their potential customers. Or even better release a "new" gun with some worn out internet slang blazoned on the slide.

Nope, I won't support a company that takes such an approach. You all can, to each his own. But I have a right to my opinion as well.

View attachment 596867
View attachment 596870
I wouldn't buy anything with Benjamin's plastered all over it. Bad taste is bad taste. However, I would wager
that most guns used in crimes and gang activity aren't
purchased legally to begin with. I'm sure though that there's always that in in a million low IQ mouth breather though that buys something like that legally and then goes and does his thing. Likely his last legal purchase though.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top