JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yeah the emblazoned YEET CANNON on the side is not going to age well.

Three years from now 95% of people are going to roll their eyes and people that bought them are spending $200 for a laugh.

Not worth it to me, you can buy a movie ticket for a lot cheaper laughs.
Dude. Nobody is buying hi-points because of things like provenance and resale value.

I have no issue supporting an American company that fills a much needed space in the firearms world. What's the harm in people having a bit of fun?

Dude. Nobody is buying hi-points because of things like provenance and resale value.

I have no issue supporting an American company that fills a much needed space in the firearms world. What's the harm in people having a bit of fun?

Nothing at all, that's why I said I wouldn't buy one and it's an opinion. If that company wants more money they should realize the markings probably decrease the value of the pistol.

IIRC the naming was done by internet vote. It'd be interesting to know how many people are purchasing because of the name.

Mine do too. but at this point my wife is less than amused when I buy another handgun, let alone a POS with something stupid on the slide.
Lol my friend has a high point 9 mm.
I shot a few mags though it.
It is what it is. 8724.jpeg 8726.jpeg

Nothing at all, that's why I said I wouldn't buy one and it's an opinion. If that company wants more money they should realize the markings probably decrease the value of the pistol.

IIRC the naming was done by internet vote. It'd be interesting to know how many people are purchasing because of the name.
Well, technically this gun wasn't the one that was named by the internet. This is just a "special edition" of their base C9. The new optic ready/threaded barrel YC9 or Yeet Cannon 9 is going to be released later this year.

Didn't the term come from a lady throwing a can down a hallway originally?

I would think a can cannon would be more appropriate to name a yeet cannon.

I have plenty of issues supporting an American company that markets their "firearms" as a joke or towards people that probably shouldn't own them. They seem to have no issue knowing their products end up in the wrong hands to the point of exploiting it by printing $100 bills on their products.

I don't care what any of you do with your money, but please don't act like HP is doing something magnanimous with their business model.

I have plenty of issues supporting an American company that markets their "firearms" as a joke or towards people that probably shouldn't own them. They seem to have no issue knowing their products end up in the wrong hands to the point of exploiting it by printing $100 bills on their products.

I don't care what any of you do with your money, but please don't act like HP is doing something magnanimous with their business model.
Oh this should be fun. Who probably shouldn't own a gun? Obviously besides those that aren't legally able to.

Oh this should be fun. Who probably shouldn't own a gun? Obviously besides those that aren't legally able to.

Yeah i was gonna say that but he dose have a point ... How they market there firearms isnt the greatest but hey what are you gonna do. What works for them works for them i guess ...

Yeah i was gonna say that but he dose have a point ... How they market there firearms isnt the greatest but hey what are you gonna do. What works for them works for them i guess ...
Thank God that companies have the right to market their products however they want in this country, no matter how awful.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to paint Hi-Point as some wonderful charity organization. They are in this game to make money. The simple fact is that not everyone is interested in or can afford the new $3000 1911 or care about whan generation glock is on. Some people want or need a cheap gun that goes bang and hi-point fills that need.

It's just funny and a little sad when topics like this come up and people's snobbery and prejudices come out to play.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to paint Hi-Point as some wonderful charity organization. They are in this game to make money. The simple fact is that not everyone is interested in or can afford the new $3000 1911 or care about whan generation glock is on. Some people want or need a cheap gun that goes bang and hi-point fills that need.

It's just funny and a little sad when topics like this come up and people's snobbery and prejudices come out to play.
Glock snobbery? Shirley you jest...

Just to bring good vibes back to the thread....
1) Glock, perfection.
2) Hi-Point's, they're clunky but they're good.
:s0133:

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top