JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
fingerscrossed.gif

I'm trying to be optimistic as our current sheriff has already made it clear that current laws being implemented are not helpful.
I do find it ironic that a hearing on 2nd amendment rights are being held in a firearms free zone...o_O

I do find it absurd that we must go through these lengths to protect something that's already a natural right and preserved in our Constitution. It's all because a bunch of anti-American, anti-freedom bureaucrat zealots and their constituents say so.

The entire country is and should be a Second Amendment sanctuary, yet here we are. What happens if there's eventually an attempted national ban or national confiscation on firearms? What does a county's "sanctuary status" mean then?

I have to admit I get a ton of spam and almost missed an email with this link in it:

Sanctuary Ordinance

Can anybody confirm this? I don't entirely remember subscribing for that but...

Seems like something I would have done.I just haven't heard much about it until that email. I have seen 8 Oregon push back signs in my area lately though.... Guy has been busy. Lol

Looks like this was voted down. Per OFF, Commissioner Starrett is the only one who voted in favor.

I didn't learn about this event until too late, but Ms. Starrett has always been a huge pro-gun person so not surprised. FWIW, rumor has it she is not running for reelection so I hope people look long and hard at whomever is running for her seat when that time comes.

Disappointing after seeing all the support. Far more disappointing was the after fact that the 2 nays wouldn't even allow the staff to work with the sheriff and reword it to be a little more palatable. Kudos to Mary Starrett for at least trying. If she doesn't run for re-election it will be hard to replace her with someone as pro 2nd as she has been.
Ever so slowly lines are being drawn in the sand and sides being chosen...

I'm going to email the two commissioners who voted no and find out why. I will also do everything I can to keep them from getting re-elected when the time comes.

To borrow a phrase from our 'friends'... "it's a start, but we need to do more" :)

Even if it didn't pass the vote, the people in Yamhill got organized and focused on a single objective. That is to be applauded, and built on. Maybe rework the language of the proposal behind the scenes and give it another go?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top