shibbershabber

Reactions
No reviews?

Having a company gathering on the range tomorrow and will likely be checking this out.

My usual spot is farther away and probably under a lot of snow right now.

Anyone have experience in this area? Guess on elevation? Likely to be snowed in right now?

Unless Im convinced otherwise, we are heading up in the morning........ Ill post some pics and a review later on :cool:

Dungannon

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2016
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
  • Army
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
For the last couple years it has been closed to shooting, as the State is actively using the pit for gravel. Hasn't stopped people from shooting there, as the grandkids and I have hauled off a lot of riddled garbage, shotgun hulls, etc. Rarely see any decent brass.

Dungannon

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2016
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
  • Army
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
Drove roads 1500 and 1600 on Wednesday, checking conditions at regularly used shooting sites. All the No Shooting signs at Jackson Pit are gone!

Went back today with the three grandsons and we had the whole place to ourselves from 9 am to 3:15 pm. There was a homeless guy was there this morning, sleeping in his truck, but he left as soon as we started setting up. Filled a 32 gallon trash can with shotgun hulls, empty cartridge boxes, soda and beer cans, etc. Could have filled 3-4 more.
Bob

Addition, for @Cogs
- someone dumped yard debris right behind the first line of boulders
08.jpg

picked debris at the top of the road, where the pit begins
09.jpg

From the front of the table to the steel targets was a laser-ranged 100 yards. The collapsible garbage container was about 3/4 full when we left.
10.jpg

Most of the larger junk was to the right, against the north wall. Still not as bad as on some previous visits.
11.jpg

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Gordon is a great guy, highly recommend doing business with him.
    • NWGN
  • Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Have done several transfers through this shop. All were pleasant experiences. Folks were friendly and pleasant, prices were fair. I wouldn't...
  • Gorge Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Good little shop. Have transferred numerous pieces here and it's always been pain free. My only little gripe is limited hours (currently not...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place to pickup from sites like Davidson's. Low fees. Friendly folks.
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    This has been my go to for all transfers. Peter, the two Jasons and Joe have always been very professional and accommodating. The transfer...
Top Bottom