JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a volunteer opportunity in the Tahuya State Forest. Meet on Sunday, Nov 5th, 10 AM!

This is a cleanup of "The Pit" in Tahuya, which is a popular recreational shooting spot. It's located at the crossroad of NE Elfendahl Pass RD and NE Belfair Tahuya RD. (See satellite photo).

Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/nCAP1sTP71LjYqpw7
GPS: 47.439382, -122.914419

Contact Nikko at 360-519-9636 to let him know if you can come or comment here and we'll let him know.

Bring your own lunch, outdoor clothes, gloves and dress for the weather.

Here's what Nikko said:
"Sunday, November 5th, 10AM to 4PM to clean up the area and will have support from DNR to provide extra tools and open the gate to provide better access for garbage removal.
Please bring your own tools, otherwise you're welcome to use any tools that DNR provides.
I will be bringing my own tools, truck and small trailer, large trash bags, water bottles, and a wheelbarrow. Please bring anything you have to help facilitate clean up. (Especially for shell casings). Rakes, snow shovels, magnets, etc.
For trash, they have a designated garbage sight up the road. If for whatever reason that doesn't work out I will be taking what we collect to the transfer station.
Reply if you're coming so I have an idea of how many to expect. Please share this event with anyone else who might want to come out. Thanks in advance and have a good one!"

The hours you volunteer will apply towards a free Discover Pass, per DNR (24hrs/yr = 1 free Discover Pass).

Come give Nikko your support and help save our places to shoot!"

Bill

395085015_884440653018252_6320884472974352124_n.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top