JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So some of you may have seen my write up regarding keeping your firearms clean. It was regarding my purchase of a used Springfield Armory XDm 5.25 Competition in .45acp, and how bad a shape it arrived in. In short, this thing was crusty nasty unloved. I had to chisel out the pistol from the carbon.

First trip to the range, I have to say my little tramp has found a forever home. I started off sand bags three at a time to sight it in at 50 feet. Result, one ragged hole, two inches left, one inch high. Couple clicks of the adjustable sight. Result, one ragged hole, dead center.

At this point I am looking around hoping someone else noticed, and trying to act like this is normal for me.

Take away sand bags and go to off hand. Results, all three in the red and two touching.

I went on to blow the red center of the target out with the last 25 rounds I had. This is near the level of accuracy I get off hand from my Buckmark Hunter .22lr that has had some serious work done. Freaking amazing.

Especially considering the fact that I have some critiques. The trigger has the take up I expect from my experience with several other XD's I've owned over the years, but felt spongy from there. In fact, if I had been blindfolded and not seen the results of my shots, I would have rated the trigger very low. Keep in mind that I am used to my XDm9 with a Powder River Precision trigger kit, but, still, I expected better considering that they name this model "competition."

I don't know if it is the longer barrel, or the longer sight radius that adds the accuracy, but I have to say that I am amazed. My plan was to convert this to .460 Rowland for carry in the woods hunting, but now I may have to buy another to do that with. I truly did not expect to be this impressed. And this is with a gun that was beaten to death by an evil unloving troll.

All I can say is, if you are considering a new 9, 40, or 45, regardless of price range, consider the XDm Competition series. Wow.

I like my .45 XDm Comp 5.25 but I really wish Springfield would get their 2qvawep.jpg together and come up with a better grip, or at least rip someone off like HK with their P30 or Walther's PPQ.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top