JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The kid came up from California this week and of course wanted to go shooting.And of course I had no problem obliging him.Then a friend called and said he was heading to the range too. All worked out for a long section and a lot of rounds down range at the Bullseye in Tacoma.

Now I'm not great but I shoot 1911 pretty good.I had my new Sig 1911 and my friend rented the XD45.

Felt good.Nice light 45 in a full sized gun.So I had to try it,it was right there.I had a 40 for a short time,week I think,and didn't shoot it well.

Now the XD45 was just ridiculous. I dumped 10 rounds in a 2" hole on the first try.Hate to say it but I shot it way better than the 1911 that I love so much.
Kinda feel dirty saying it.
Again, this was a dirty range rental gun not my buddy's clean personal piece.

Have y'all had the same experience with these?

I had a xd45 service model and it was a great shooter, sadly I let it go to pay some bills. I just recently picked up an xdm45 and can't wait to get it out and try it.

I have had the XD 9mm and loved it. I now have the XDM 3.8 9mm and it is even better that the previous and seems to be more accurate. I am actually thinking about getting one of the XDM .45's for a range toy. I did see one for sale on one of the forums I think it is on the commie site were if you say the wrong thing to another member they ban you or remove your post.

hey brother, I had the subcom 9 xd ,4 inch compact 45 and the full sized 40 cal xdm. I have shot a lot of guns but i can make paper on a 10 inch target at 50 yards with that 45.

I've had 5 XD .40 cal., and now an XDm 3.8 40cal. that is my everyday carry. Fit and feel are like a glove for me.

I took a friend out shooting one day that WAS a true 1911 guy. his safe is full of different 1911's. Long story short, he shot my XD .40 and fell in love with the way it fit his hand as well. He asked if they had it in the .45, I told him (at that time) they just came out with it in .45, he went and bought one. It is his every day carry Off duty.
We carry glocks at work, don't really care for them, but do love the XD's.

I have a Springer Precision Trigger job done on my XDm, along with TruGlo TFO's. It is one sweet pistol.

I think You might have to buy a new carry piece.... (big smile)...

Stay Safe.

My XMD 3.8 9mm is my carry piece. The first time I took it out shooting my brother in law picked it up and stacked 3 red bullseyes and he packs a G19 and never shot a XDM. He couldn't believe how accurate it was.

This thread is making me very happy. My christmas gift from the girlfriend this year was a 3.8" XDm .45, which I haven't had a chance to shoot yet.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top