Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wyden at Town Halls in Oregon this week

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by ocarolan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Anyone else going to Senator Wyden's Town Hall tomorrow in Portland, 1:30pm?

Others are planned for next week:

Community Town Hall Events

This guy should be praised for opposing Feinstein over the NDAA and domestic surveillance.

We might politely remind him where we stand on modern firearm rights, too. :)

2. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I've met Wyden a couple of times, and my impression of him is that although he is liberal, he is sincere, open-minded, doesn't overly kow-tow to his party leadership, and is generally concerned about the feelings of his constituents. I disagree with him on some issues, but respect him. I cannot say the same for Merkley.

3. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Merkley is a stuffed shirt and an arrogant blowhole, and yes I've met and "tried" to talk to him on a couple of occasions. He has his own values it seems and others need not apply.

4. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

I'm going to go. While, I've never met Wyden, I have met and have shared a beer with his Veteran's affairs guys and they are good to go. Maybe I can pass along some knowledge that a new awb is purely political and won't have any impact on crime because, so few are actually used in crime. Honestly I want to ask Dianne Feinstein why, if she really wants to curb gun crime, is she not trying to ban handguns. Now, I won't because, she'll just say that even gun owners think handguns are the problem and then try to ban them as well but, just disgusting how she could give two bubblegums about citizens being killed, robbed, assaulted, etc and really just cares about her image. Her and Pelosi need to be carted off to the retirement castle and be medicated in to nonexistence so the world can be a better place.

ocarolan and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Just Me

Just Me Peoples Republik of Oregon Active Member

This is great info, thanks!

6. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Beaverton, OR Chief Cook/Bottle Washer

Wonder if he has learned where Bosnia is on the globe by now? :-D

Sod