JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
City
lacey
State
Washington
Zip Code
I have an interesting black powder rifle for sale. It's been suggested that this is probably made from an Italian kit, using a Green Mountain Rifles barrel. I don't see any markings that would suggest who made it, outside of what you see on the barrel. Someone else told me that Green Mountain themselves made these, but I'm skeptical of that, as I've never seen a whole rifle from them before. Either way, it seems to be of decent quality.

Condition is very good. I believe it's been fired, but it is clean. There might be something wonky going on with the ram rod, as it doesn't seem to go all the way down. I don't know if it needs to be cut, or if I'm just not doing it right.

Price is $600, and I can ship it to you for another $30. If you're local, you're welcome to come inspect it in person and buy. I'm in the South Puget Sound region of Washington State.

Gl6kgUfl.jpg
ySZtzccl.jpg
ZaWSQLYl.jpg
PYY2vnWl.jpg
ZwczZJIl.jpg

oZVgA94l.jpg

1Yi6swnl.jpg
vEMACP3l.jpg
9VI5CoJl.jpg
yHOx44kl.jpg
GlfYucsl.jpg
s2P7pSFl.jpg
IOodySml.jpg
d8FDtjtl.jpg
Mk8JeEYl.jpg
pkMHuyyl.jpg
Iiav7oMl.jpg
50XGtHEl.jpg
eaSyNbvl.jpg
AoKabT4l.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
There might be something wonky going on with the ram rod, as it doesn't seem to go all the way down. I don't know if it needs to be cut, or if I'm just not doing it right.
It may be loaded. I have heard you can remove the nipple, add oil to degrade the powder and use air to force projectile out. I have used a grease zerk fitting in place of the nipple and pumped the barrel full of grease to remove the projectile. It is messy but it just gently leaves the barrel. There also is an item called a jag that may screw into the projectile to remove the projectile. :D :)

I initially thought that might be the issues, so I ran compressed air thru it. That's the whole reason there are pictures there with the nipple removed.

I initially thought that might be the issues, so I ran compressed air thru it. That's the whole reason there are pictures there with the nipple removed.
I did not notice the nipple had been removed.

I just changed the spark plug in my Kerosene heater only to realize it was out of fuel. :p :)

It's a Thompson Center Hawken (quite possibly from a kit), and Green Mountain makes very good drop-in barrels for the guns. I put a heavy .36 on mine: makes Sage Rat shooting pretty darn "Western".

SAFETY NOTE: If you believe the rod is not traveling all the way to the breech (mark and measure its reach, then compare out of the bore), IT MAY BE CHARGED!!!

No cap on that gun until you know. Might need a worm to remove an old ball and charge.

Last Edited:
It's certainly some sort of Hawken, but I wanted to think that when I've had T/C's in the past, the locks were marked. I can't find any marks on the locks, patch box, stock... nothing. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I don't know.

Having built two from kits, I cannot recall any Thompson marks on anything but the barrel. Certainly no exterior stampings on my locks. Somebody's gonna get fine shooting squirrel rifle for not much money. :)

The stock is a T/C stock with a Green Mountain drop in barrel. The ramrod is generic to fit the caliber and bore of barrel. Shine a light up to the nipple hole and look down barrel. You'll be able to tell if there is a ball there or not. If not, you'll be able to see the breech plug.

Great looking little critter gitter. GLWS! :s0155:

Here are a few more pictures. The more folks look at this, the more and more I'm hearing that this was probably a Thompson/Center Hawken kit gun that was built up with a Green Mountain barrel (since T/C didn't make one in 32cal). Also, it looks like the ram rod is just long with both ends being used.
cyvVrUIl.jpg
iUtNpX7l.jpg
QseojKkl.jpg
jDfJBQyl.jpg
P49w3GPl.jpg
9jz9btEl.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.