JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$5000
City
Seattle
State
Washington
Zip Code
PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY BELOW!!!!

I am selling a 1996 Nissan Pick-Up Truck (4-Cyl, 2.4 KA24E Engine, Short Cabin/Long Bed, 5-Speed Manual, RWD). Believe or not, as of today the truck has 69,xxx miles and by the time I bring the truck back to Seattle it will have just under 71,000 miles. The truck is in perfect mechanical condition and perfectly drives. I just drove it from NJ to Boulder, CO (almost 2,000 miles including a 2-day visit to my old school Purdue University, Indiana).The truck comes with A.R.E. Canopy Top. I have perfectly clean NJ title of the car and the car is ready to be transferred to a new owner. Below is a detailed story about this truck (I have all paperwork, documents and pictures to prove my story is 100% true).

This truck have had only 2 owners in its life. The second and current owner is my 87 years old step-father who lives alone in NJ. Unfortunately, due to his age, he can't anymore live alone, so he sold his house in NJ (he is still in process on closing the house sale) and he is moving to live with his biological daughter near Vancouver, Canada. He offered me this truck, a lot of of various tools and some art works for free if I came to NJ to help him with emptying his house and preparing the house for sale (he purchased this house in 1978 and he personally rebuilt it over the years as he loved to build things, so you can imagine all the stuff that he has accumulated over the years). For the last 10 years the truck was just sitting in his driveway collecting leaves. The only time this truck was driven was when I or my sister were visiting him in NJ. Even when he drove this truck, he drove it just few miles from his house, so the milage on this truck is super low. He always had one or two other cars/SUVs as his main transportation cars and the Nissan truck was just for his hobbies. It is very hard to find a truck that is 27 years old and has just about 70K miles. Before he gave me the truck, he took it to a Nissan dealership and they made some service on it in order to make the truck perfect mechanically (oil and coolant change, new spark-plugs, cables and distributor cap, tires are newer and good for at least another 20K miles, etc). I am currently in Boulder, CO visiting my sister and will head home to Seattle in this truck this Saturday morning. I live in Queen Anne in an apartment complex and I only have 1 parking spot for my Subaru, so I want to sell the truck ASAP. I also do not want to register it in my name and pay all the registration fees and wait for a new WA title. I have the NJ title in hands and my step-father signed it. He also made a legal document that he gave me the car as a gift. As I said, the truck drives great and everything is perfectly working. I drove the tuck on highways 70-75 miles/hour and the truck drove smoothly and free of any shaking or strange noises. The only issues with the truck are some typical cosmetic issues related to the truck age. There is some usual NJ underneath rust (nothing to worry about and a Nissan mechanic told me the truck has far less rust than average NJ car for its age) and headliner in the cabin was coming down, so I completely removed it. However, the hard panel that is under headliner its still holding strong, so this is 100% cosmetic issue that absolutely has no effect on anything whatsoever. The rest of the car interior is in excellent shape. Luckily, my step-father kept sun-reflective panel on the top of the dashboard, so there are no any cracks in the dashboard. Radio still works well. 5-Speed shifting works great and shifting is very smooth. The body red paint is faded, but the body is still strong and has no rust on the upper body. My step-father gave me also a lot of tools (he had many hobbies and used to be a very good builder, electrician, plumber, etc) and the truck is loaded with 500-600 LBs of goodies (not included with the truck), and with all that load I was still getting about 25 miles/gallon (driving 70-75 miles/hour average speed on highways). Moreover, after driving 2,000 miles, there was no any loss of oil or coolant. I checked all the fluids before I began my trip and after 2,000 miles of driving, all the fluids are still at MAX mark. As of my knowledge, the truck has never been in any accidents, but I would provide you with the VIN number, so you are welcome to run a CarFax report. The first owner had the truck from 1996 to 2002 and my step-father had it from 2002 to now (2 owners total).

I am currently still on this road trip in the truck. I should make it back to Seattle by Monday (July 3rd), so the truck will be available for inspection. You are welcome to take the truck to any mechanic of your choice. In my opinion, this would be a perfect truck for a small business. These are low-maintenance trucks and these Nissan engines can last for over 300,000 miles with correct preventive maintenance. These KA24 4-cyl engines use timing chain, so they do not require timing belt change as many older Toyota and Honda trucks do. Since I got this truck and about $10,000K worths of other goodies for free from my step-father, I am selling this Nissan truck far below the market price.

Cheers,

Dan

image_6487327-2.JPG image_6487327-3.JPG image_6487327-4.JPG image_6487327-5.JPG image_6487327-6.JPG image_6487327.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Someone's gonna get a hell of a deal on this rig. I am not kidding if I hadn't already bought my old dodge ida bought this sight unseen

I should arrive to Seattle tomorrow night. Tonight I am in Central Idaho. So far, I almost drove the truck 3K miles and absolutely zero loss of oil, coolant or any other fluids. Moreover, the gas milage got even better now after driving the truck for a while. Now I am getting 27-28 miles/gallon (with more than 500 LBs of goodies loaded in the back of the truck). When I get back home I will also list some high-quality tools that my stepfather gave me.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top