JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
iphone 395.jpg iphone 025.jpg

Hello Board,
Its been a while since I have been on. That's just having to deal with some of the draw back that comesw hen you get serious with a girl. But to business, I am looking for a small (3 inch or 3.5 at most barrel), accurate pistol that is easy to conceal. I have own both a .25 automatic (saved my life when I was 17, 23 year old african american male had a knife and a T-shirt tied around his face, I suffered a fractured scull, herniated disk, due to the weapon being in my back pack as I was walking home to my house boat after being dropped off at Dennys about 500 yards away after a family hunting trip) and I have for my self the Kahr 9mm. I now that Rugar makes one but I was hoping for maybe an accurate revolver. While I prefer my ammo buy the 1000, hey russian surplus.....hey only semi-corrosive but its r the AMD 65 was not such a big hit with the lady, not to mention i lost my hearing for a few days due to leaving my hearing protection in the car.
So these are my specs:
needs to be able to support a suppressor
needs to be no longer then 3.5 inches
accurate to 30 feet
needs to be safely be able to carry A round in the chamber at all times, because unlike the movies you dont get the extra 3 seconds to pull the slide back to chamber a round and cool.
I tried to make this funny, if you take offense my apologies

photo (2).jpg

iphone 025.jpg

iphone 395.jpg

A suggestion from a part time photographer. When you have a hot wife and you want to take a photo that shows that off (who wouldn't) Keep in mind the background. The closet is OK if you weren't shooting directly into the bare light bulb. BUT please a toilet in the background. You can do better.

Look at a Ruger LCP or LC9

3 1/2 long? is that the barrel lenght? As to the suppressor/pistol combination get over to silinccertalk.com the best site for silincers. They can tell you what meets your needs.
You also need to realize the lead for surpressors is about 6 months for the tax stamp so you are going to buy the can, get the tax stamp all before you can put the can of the pistol. While waiting you need to get the barrel threaded for the right sized threads.
Also the can is going to add several inches to the firearm.

and she gets insecure! damn this country is weird!

Huh... She gets insecure??? Help me out dude, Im confused. How is she insecure? She sure helped my old lady feel more comfortable carrying. Me helpin my woman conceal is like me tellin her how to wear a tampoon.... My way doesnt work at all for her. Im sure most would agree.

Don't know what state you are in so check your local laws about carrying a suppressor.

Besides a can is going to make the gun long for carry , if you go real small ( centerfire) it's going to be unreliable and nano suppressors are very unpractical so save the suppressor for the home.

Go with what *SHE * likes to shoot, too many times have guys picked the wrong guns for their girl. Take her to a range where the rent guns and spend the time and try many types and calibers or better yet take a class.

25 cal may have saved your life but its the worst round for SD.

Sorry for the standard lame reply but woman can surprise you, I've found they seem to shop guns by looks but the reality is in the shooting, loading, and handling.

If you have suppressor questions Let me know ,,,,they "rock"!

Lovely gal.

As suggested, why not let her try shooting a variety of pistols?... See what SHE shoots best.

Also, in what context will she have the pistol? Next to the bed? Concealed carry in a small purse? Other?

Without recommending a make/model, I'm wondering if a pistol in a .380 caliber might be best for her.

Peter

Lovely gal.

As suggested, why not let her try shooting a variety of pistols?... See what SHE shoots best.

Also, in what context will she have the pistol? Next to the bed? Concealed carry in a small purse? Other?

Without recommending a make/model, I'm wondering if a pistol in a .380 caliber might be best for her.

Peter

she should try out a variety of men pistols before she settles for just one.:s0112:

But seriously a .380 sounds right, show her a walther ppk, classy gun for a classy lady.

If you go cheap she may question your luuuv for her.

:s0001:
I think we need more summer time pics to make a real determination.

Have her go to you tube and search women and guns.There is a few very helpful girls on there who test all the gun products they can.
This chick is kinda fun to watch...I mean informative.
Falia Freedom Channel - YouTube

Then take her to a range that rents guns and let HER pick the gun she likes.Don't worry about caliber as much as what SHE shoots best.
I emphasize HER and SHE because WE and YOU can not pick what fits her hands best or what she shoots best.

And don you try to help her shoot.Have someone else do that.
You will be much happier with someone else training her how to shoot.
(read: she won't want to shoot you after each session)

Good luck!

I say Glock 26. However the very best advice i can give you is to take your woman to the gunstores let her feel, manipulate, hold, fondle every gun she can get her hands on. The ones that she potentially likes should then be test fired if at all possible if you have access to any. Maybe you know somebody who has a like gun or could take her to a range that rents guns like the Clackamas Public safety center. I think that if you are serious about her packing, then she needs to pick the gun. This is what I did with my wife and she finally decided on the Glock 26. If left up to me, she would have had a Kimber Ultra Carry that would have been awkward and difficult to manipulate should she have needed it to defend her life.

Marriage has taught me not to pick out your wife's guns or underwear, no matter how tempting it may seem.

SP 101 357 magnum stainless steal, it's pretty, it's effective,it's easy to carry, it's small , don't have to remember anything simply pull trigger,

thats my 2 cents

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads