JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy all,
I have been itching to purchase a 37mm launcher for fun. There are some offerings from spike's tactical for around 350.00, that are unregulated and considered a signaling device IIRC. Before I take the plunge I was wondering if I could get some advice on the legal aspects of launcher ownership.

Q1. If I purchase a 37mm launcher and want to shoot any offensive round (baton/CS/OC/bean bag etc) I must first register this item as a title 1 DD firearm, Does Oregon allow registration of DDs?

Q2. If Oregon does allow registration, would I need to pay a 200.00 tax stamp for each single round of OC/CS etc that I want to use similar to purchasing individual rounds of 40mm HEDP?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes, Oregon does allow DDs. If you are going to shoot rounds other than flares you have to Form 1 the launcher, it then becomes a NFA item (Title 2). Check this out and do more research for good measure.

2. I think OC/CS are not in the NFA's purview but you'd have dig deeper.

As with anything YMMV. I'm a physicist, not a lawyer.

If you want to shoot anything considered "lethal" out of the 37mm you will need to register it as a DD. Smoke, Flairs, chalk rounds, bird bomb's, CS/OC, line throwers, ect are not considered lethal.

Yes you can register DD's in OR. If you load lethal rounds like fletches, buck shot, Bee hive's ect there is not a tax/rd. IF you can find or build any rounds with over 1/4 oz (if I recall correctly) of explosive each round will need to be registered as a DD.

thanks for the advice guys!

Any leads on companies that will sell OC/CS rounds?

I have emailed ALS technologies and topnotchtactical regarding their policies on selling 37mm OC/CS rounds to civillians with registered DD's and have not heard back from either of them?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top