Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB 37mm launcher (OR), have some questions

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by djthemac, May 15, 2012.

1. djthemac

djthemac eugene Member

Howdy all,
    I have been itching to purchase a 37mm launcher for fun. There are some offerings from spike's tactical for around 350.00, that are unregulated and considered a signaling device IIRC. Before I take the plunge I was wondering if I could get some advice on the legal aspects of launcher ownership.

Q1. If I purchase a 37mm launcher and want to shoot any offensive round (baton/CS/OC/bean bag etc) I must first register this item as a title 1 DD firearm, Does Oregon allow registration of DDs?

Q2. If Oregon does allow registration, would I need to pay a 200.00 tax stamp for each single round of OC/CS etc that I want to use similar to purchasing individual rounds of 40mm HEDP?

Thanks in advance

2. del_and_bones

del_and_bones Anchorage, AK Physics Pirate

1. Yes, Oregon does allow DDs. If you are going to shoot rounds other than flares you have to Form 1 the launcher, it then becomes a NFA item (Title 2). Check this out and do more research for good measure.

2. I think OC/CS are not in the NFA's purview but you'd have dig deeper.

As with anything YMMV. I'm a physicist, not a lawyer.

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

If you want to shoot anything considered "lethal" out of the 37mm you will need to register it as a DD. Smoke, Flairs, chalk rounds, bird bomb's, CS/OC, line throwers, ect are not considered lethal.

Yes you can register DD's in OR. If you load lethal rounds like fletches, buck shot, Bee hive's ect there is not a tax/rd. IF you can find or build any rounds with over 1/4 oz (if I recall correctly) of explosive each round will need to be registered as a DD.

4. djthemac

djthemac eugene Member

thanks for the advice guys!

Any leads on companies that will sell OC/CS rounds?

I have emailed ALS technologies and topnotchtactical regarding their policies on selling 37mm OC/CS rounds to civillians with registered DD's and have not heard back from either of them?

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

6. spencbeeg

spencbeeg memphis, TN New Member

i have a 37mm flare launcher i can sell you for 275$. it also has a m203 handguard mount for a m16