JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a few more parts to finish 1+ month restoration of a $2 garage sale find. It had a bent tang, hammer and trigger plate was a mini "s" (had to replace). I found some parts at Lodgewood here in WI, S&S in NY, Dixie Gun Works in the south (GA?). I've also made inquires of well known Sharps parts owners (Erickson to Brooks) without luck to date.

Parts needed for 1859 Sharps carbine (well worn, damaged, rusted would be okay - actually preferred to match what I have):

- forend, band, screw (have spring)
- stock, patch box, screws (have butt plate/screws coming)
- rear sight (have base)
- front sight (have base, would like piece off barrel, not custom made brass piece)

I picked up an ultra-rare Lawrence primers tube from Ian Workman at americancivalwarrelics.com in WV. Horsesoldier.com has an entire tin of 20 primer tubes at VERY RARE FULL TIN OF SHARPS PELLET PRIMERS — Horse Soldier.

To fill up that patch box I'd like to also find the Sharps-specific brass cleaning tool with leather/connects on either side of the cleaner, the gun repair tool with square wrench opening for the nipple, and maybe a field bullet mold tool (wouldn't fit in the patch box, but nice to have anyway).

If you know anyone who might be able to help, please share my email ([email protected]).

Thanks, Eric in WI.

WP_20170925_09_45_16_Pro.JPG

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.