1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. Dismiss Notice

Would you attend or assist in teaching a seminar on reloading

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by P7id10T, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:07 PM.

1. FordPrefect

FordPrefect Woodburn, Oregon Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I can bring pistol calibers, specifically 9mm and 45 ACP. I'd bring the dies/bullets/powder for my 500 Mag but that gets expensive really quick.

P7id10T likes this.
  2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

It's fun taking somebody and giving them the basics and a good theoretical knowledge background on reloading.

I've been helped and I've helped quite a few. Some have my phone number if questions arise but after a couple talks and hands on discussions they end up off flying on their own.

Couldn't do a NWFA sponsored event... liability purposes.

One on one as a tutor is the way to go.

(my door is open to reputable members on here if anyone is in this location wanting assistance....)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    P7id10T, nammac and SKrueger like this.
  3. P7id10T

P7id10T West Slope Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Fair enough. Believe me, I completely understand.
    My entire point to doing this is because there are many members here who are deeply knowledgeable in reloading. If possible, I want to help facilitate the transfer of that knowledge. I consider myself a blessed man that so many have shared their deep knowledge at times.
    Too many people and companies do not place a value on that, IMO. I think most of us have seen reloading forum posts where we think, "dude, and you still have both eyes and all your fingers?" To me, the overall benefit outweighs the risk.

The plan so far is this:
    1. Develop the Syllabus, and post it on Google Docs.
    2. Once we've settled on the material covered, schedule place / time for the get-togethers.
    3. Follow-up with more as the need arises.
    Some have shared their emails with me so I can invite the to the Syllabus development through Google Docs. If you want to be included, please send me your email address. I would prefer more eyes / input than not.

Looking at an April - May date for the first get-together.

SKrueger, nammac and Dyjital like this.