JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The sad truth behind all this is the slow, steady death of gun ownership in this country.

Pretty much, without exception, all schools - grade schools, junior-high schools, high schools, and colleges and universities - maintain an anti-gun agenda that is propelled and influenced by both policy and teaching.

I've seen this first-hand. My nieces - who were quite little at the time - would come over to visit my wife and I on occasion when we lived back in the mid-west. On one of these visits, they happened to come by while I was loading ammo for an upcoming match. They asked "What are you doing Uncle David?" I said, "I'm loading bullets girls." Their immediate response was "Can we help you Uncle David?". Their Mom - my sister - was neither pro-gun nor anti-gun, so they were naturally curious in their innocent little way.

My wife and I moved to Oregon 8 years ago, and so we rarely speak with my nieces who are all grown up now (18 and 17 respectively). On our most recent visit back to the mid-west, we happened to spend some time with the younger girl. I can tell you, she is now firmly in the anti-gun camp, parroting the crap she learned from her teachers. It was pretty shocking to me to see the transformation in her! :huh:

Now there are essentially three categories of people in this country when it comes to guns:

1. Owners of guns that pass on a love of guns to children they may have. This group constitutes a relatively small minority of people in this country.

2. Haters of guns that pass on a hatred of guns to children they may have. This also is a group that constitutes a relatively small minority of people in this country.

3. People who don't care about the issue that pass no opinion about guns on to children they may have - children that are getting their opinions about guns from school. This group constitutes the relative majority of people in this country.

Do the math, and it's pretty easy to see the future of gun ownership in this country. As long as we continue to tolerate schools and teachers impressing an anti-gun viewpoint on our children, the future of guns in this country is pretty-much doomed! Sorry for the pessimism. :(

DEK

Well it's out there now. Front page of the Oregonian. I can't wait to start reading some of the bleeding heart editorials in the coming week. We all should send the paper our own editorials and put some common sense out there.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

The sad truth behind all this is the slow, steady death of gun ownership in this country.

Pretty much, without exception, all schools - grade schools, junior-high schools, high schools, and colleges and universities - maintain an anti-gun agenda that is propelled and influenced by both policy and teaching.

I've seen this first-hand. My nieces - who were quite little at the time - would come over to visit my wife and I on occasion when we lived back in the mid-west. On one of these visits, they happened to come by while I was loading ammo for an upcoming match. They asked "What are you doing Uncle David?" I said, "I'm loading bullets girls." Their immediate response was "Can we help you Uncle David?". Their Mom - my sister - was neither pro-gun nor anti-gun, so they were naturally curious in their innocent little way.

My wife and I moved to Oregon 8 years ago, and so we rarely speak with my nieces who are all grown up now (18 and 17 respectively). On our most recent visit back to the mid-west, we happened to spend some time with the younger girl. I can tell you, she is now firmly in the anti-gun camp, parroting the crap she learned from her teachers. It was pretty shocking to me to see the transformation in her! :huh:

Now there are essentially three categories of people in this country when it comes to guns:

1. Owners of guns that pass on a love of guns to children they may have. This group constitutes a relatively small minority of people in this country.

2. Haters of guns that pass on a hatred of guns to children they may have. This also is a group that constitutes a relatively small minority of people in this country.

3. People who don't care about the issue that pass no opinion about guns on to children they may have - children that are getting their opinions about guns from school. This group constitutes the relative majority of people in this country.

Do the math, and it's pretty easy to see the future of gun ownership in this country. As long as we continue to tolerate schools and teachers impressing an anti-gun viewpoint on our children, the future of guns in this country is pretty-much doomed! Sorry for the pessimism. :(

DEK

You're very right, and I have run into this with my teachers and professors due to my current experiences in school.

Unfortunately, the main institution to get ahead is the public school system. Without it, or money for a private school (which still won't grantee severe anti-gunner bias) you are guaranteed to fail in the mainstream rat race.

Curiously disturbing, how history repeats itself in ways that cannot be stopped.

Overall, it's my job to keep our rights alive and well while I'm alive, and then secure those rights and others for the future of my children.

Being still young, I feel as if I am at an advantage because of influence not only in my peer groups, but the time I have to deliver the message and help others understand the rights. The main point is that people don't know, and since they don't know, they don't care.

The RA on my floor when I was a freshman in '92 was named Patrick Moser. I wonder if the "prosecutor" is the same guy? Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

WOU calls from time to time begging alumni for money. I'll let them know why they won't be getting any from me.

Yah I went to WOU and you are in fact thinking of the same person. Patrick Moser.... LOL. Frankly, this whole thing does not surprise me. One time they (including Patrick) tried to get me kicked out of the dorms for tossing some paintballs that were broken out my dorm room door out into the lawn. They tried to have me arrested and claimed I was shooting my paintball gun at moving cars and such...blah blah blah... HAHA. I didn't even have a paintball gun on campus.

I had the cops up in my room, the campus police were ransacking all of my belongings, etc. then the Judicial Board (which is the court involved here) had a hearing and had me testify against the RA's and everything. It was brutal, but it ended up getting dismissed.

I think Patrick and I had a few run ins after that even.

oh, the good ol' days!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top