JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The brainwashed sheep of the Western Oregon University Student Court don't let a little thing like a definable charge get in the way of a good anti-gun rant and conviction:

<broken link removed>

If you're not disgusted after reading this latest travesty - then you're not American - period. I don't care what your view on firearms on campuses is or firearms in general...

One way to communicate the error of the path the university has taken would be to e-mail the head of campus security: [email protected] W. Jay Carey

And the President of the University: [email protected] Dr. John P. Minahan

A flood of e-mails could make an impact.

My suggestion would be to state facts and ACCURATELY quote the law.

We should strive to appear very professional. :s0155:

One way to communicate the error of the path the university has taken would be to e-mail the head of campus security: [email protected] W. Jay Carey

And the President of the University: [email protected] Dr. John P. Minahan

A flood of e-mails could make an impact.

My suggestion would be to state facts and ACCURATELY quote the law.

We should strive to appear very professional. :s0155:

Anybody have a name for the adult advisor to the "court"?? I wonder if
he is a law school professor or an attorney?

Hey - I got my first hate mail ever!

<broken link removed>

Well, I know at least one WOU student is reading the blog, because I received this email in my inbox this morning (names removed):

“Foul language is usually ill-used and I would most likely not condone it in any formal setting or sense in respects to addressing staff or important members of the college. If you really concentrate on the directions and voice, as well as tone in your recent article "More on the WOU Concealed Carry Case", then you might notice how negative and pompous you come off.

“Your simple assertions are more than amusing for an outside perspective. To be honest you come off as an arrogant *** and I would be curious to see how this carries over with most people.

“Your statements and writings call out and label/persecute students whom you do not know, nor understand who they are enough to write snotty little comments that only serve as quick words without true meaning.

“I truly hope that my person as it is never comes in contact with the thing you call your brain.”

More at the blog... including my response... :D

I hope the OFF is filing a suit against the school for this. The Prosecutor did a CYA type thing, but that was expected.

The school should be hit with a huge suit for what they did.

It's interesting, that's for sure.

Since we're not breaking any laws, why don't we all go visit the campus, and conceal carry? (Unsure of open carry laws) I'm sure there's SOMEONE we could be visiting, giving us a reason to be there.

Or open carry just OFF campus and pick up trash and stuff. :D

It's interesting, that's for sure.

Since we're not breaking any laws, why don't we all go visit the campus, and conceal carry? (Unsure of open carry laws) I'm sure there's SOMEONE we could be visiting, giving us a reason to be there.

Or open carry just OFF campus and pick up trash and stuff. :D

Showing empty holsters would work even without a CHL. :D

I think a large scale protest outside the University would also be effective...

Signs like:

"WOU Violates Civil Rights"
"What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you get?"
"Second Amendment = Inalienable Right"
etc.

The RA on my floor when I was a freshman in '92 was named Patrick Moser. I wonder if the "prosecutor" is the same guy? Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

WOU calls from time to time begging alumni for money. I'll let them know why they won't be getting any from me.

The RA on my floor when I was a freshman in '92 was named Patrick Moser. I wonder if the "prosecutor" is the same guy? Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

WOU calls from time to time begging alumni for money. I'll let them know why they won't be getting any from me.

I wonder if enough alumni are pro-Second to where the alumni association could make a statement?

I say hit them from all directions... this is rapidly ceasing to be a "gun case" and is becoming an issue of "due process".

Damn Damn Damn....now I will have to pay more money for my 4 boys to go to school elsewhere...lol. They will never see a penny of my money, I can guaranty that. Now I have to fill my oldest in on this and know he will soon be changing his plans as to where football is going to be played. I have been raising my boys to know what a wonderful country they have the opportunity to live in and be a part of.....what kind of message does this crap give our future leaders (our kids)?:huh:

Damn Damn Damn....now I will have to pay more money for my 4 boys to go to school elsewhere...lol. They will never see a penny of my money, I can guaranty that. Now I have to fill my oldest in on this and know he will soon be changing his plans as to where football is going to be played. I have been raising my boys to know what a wonderful country they have the opportunity to live in and be a part of.....what kind of message does this crap give our future leaders (our kids)?:huh:

What you saw at WOU is the policy at all or most of the schools in the State College and University system. They have the same boiler plate policy. Give Kevin at OFF a hollar and ask his advise on a "good" school.

ETA: The ONLY State school I know of that is not fully anti-gun is Central Oregon Community College. Their policy is "in accordance with the State law."

Can somebody maybe write up a sample letter stating the ordinance? I would e-mail both of them but want to be 100&#37; sure I am quoting the right laws so I don't look like an idiot(because I am 99% of the time)

What you saw at WOU is the policy at all or most of the schools in the State College and University system. They have the same boiler plate policy. Give Kevin at OFF a hollar and ask his advise on a "good" school.

Good idea! I just emailed off my letters to WOU.

Student courts are the biggest bunch of bull.... I would tell them and WOU to pound sand and get my degree elsewhere before submitting to a psych eval and jumping through their hoops. Frack that noise.

Fingolfen, that response you got reads like the short essay of a first year student who's trying desperately to fill up the page with redundant fluff to meet a length requirement. :s0114:

Student courts are the biggest bunch of bull.... I would tell them and WOU to pound sand and get my degree elsewhere before submitting to a psych eval and jumping through their hoops. Frack that noise.

Fingolfen, that response you got reads like the short essay of a first year student who's trying desperately to fill up the page with redundant fluff to meet a length requirement. :s0114:

Yeah - I noticed that he was probably failing composition given the tone of the letter... ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top