JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, under the new measure you can't use magazines with more than 10 rounds, unless you're on private property or at range. And you have to purchase them now, before the "effective" date of Measure 110.

There are still BLM and Forest Rangers, et. al. - watch out for the feds.

Oh wait, can they enforce state laws? I don't think so?
It depends. They are federal employees, and not all of them are commissioned officers. The ones that are not can not enforce state laws (but could detain you until local LE arrives), but commissioned rangers can enforce both state and federal.

There are still BLM and Forest Rangers, et. al. - watch out for the feds.

Oh wait, can they enforce state laws? I don't think so?

ODFW? OSP?
114 is a state law not a federal law. If your stopped on federal land and in violation of 114 make sure that you have the LEO cite you into the local Magistrate court because you are on federal land. They will kick it out.

Here is the relevant text.

existing magazines exception:
(C) While engaging in the legal use of the large-capacity magazine, at a public or private shooting range or shooting gallery or for recreational activities such as hunting, to the extent permitted under state law;

Last page under the exceptions for magazines:

recreational activities should include target shooting as long as this is permitted on the land in which you are on, private and public land is included in above exception, so on BLM land there should not be any problems.
Should

114 is a state law not a federal law. If your stopped on federal land and in violation of 114 make sure that you have the LEO cite you into the local Magistrate court because you are on federal land. They will kick it out.
That was my understanding when I was a federal LEO (USCG Petty Officer); feds don't enforce state law - in our case, at that point in time (1977-1981), operating a boat under the influence was not a federal offense, so we were not allowed to cite someone for it even though we ran into it a LOT. Eventually (long after I left the USCG) it became a federal offense.

Here's the lowdown on the Oregon Arrest Authority For Federal Officers if anyone is interested.

The 1993 Oregon Legislature passed House Bill 2596 A-Engrossed (1993 Laws, Chapter 254) which amended existing law (ORS 133.005 (2) and ORS 133.245) to allow federal officers to arrest a person for a nonfederal crime with the same immunity from suit as a state or local law enforcement officer.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top