JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's fun about this crappy country is, you have folks that buy a 3k stove, and are told in 5 years get another cause that one isn't EPA friendly.
But since the attorneys and judges own this world, it is our reality.

Only inside your head.

To gov isn't telling you to get a new stove.

The gov is saying you have to remove it to sell your house.

Until you sell the house you can keep the stove.

At least that is the way it works in most states.

As I said, nobody is coming around and inspecting your stove until you get ready to sell.

I sold my house in Florence last fall with a Convector wood stove I bought in the 80's, it still passed inspection. It wasn't cheap when I bought it, but I was amazed when I didn't have to take it out for the sale.

The solution to the problem is found in the thread title. Do not blame the hippies, just think more like them. Take a hot melt glue applicator(NOT a gun) and decorate the undesirable object with painted seashells, driftwood, etc. and make it into a unusable "ART" stove. Peel the hot melt or other adhesive off after inspection.

The solution to the problem is found in the thread title. Do not blame the hippies, just think more like them. Take a hot melt glue applicator(NOT a gun) and decorate the undesirable object with painted seashells, driftwood, etc. and make it into a unusable "ART" stove. Peel the hot melt or other adhesive off after inspection.

Nothing wrong with urban camouflage- I suggest we all have backups for that. However, wouldn't it be easier to look on Craigslist for an EPA rated stove? Or call up a few construction re-modelers and ask "Hey, got any old EPA cert'd stoves?" Can't hurt and it'd be pretty cheap.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top