JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a wood stock for my Ruger PC Carbine from a company in Massachusetts. It was expensive at $400, but I'm happy with it. Just wanted to let y'all know that this is available if you want wood for your PC carbine. I live in Oregon now so the extended magazines are legal for me.

Images of my rifle:

Company who makes the wood stock:
https://woodshopwednesday.com

Planet-of-the-Apes-deluxe-replica-gorilla-rifle-1.jpg

Not the threads that are the only problem here. Its still "evil" even without the threads sadly. Another of our moronic laws.
It doesn't have a pistol grip, forward grip, folding stock or heat shield and is over 30". What evil feature are you referring to per 1240?

It doesn't have a pistol grip, forward grip, folding stock or heat shield and is over 30". What evil feature are you referring to per 1240?
You may be right. The stupid law did away with so much I did not know anything was left. When my Ruger came out they were offering it in both threaded and non. The non was to sell to CA as they already had this stupid law. So if that is the only no go for WA hopefully Henry will offer one. I could live with no threads. Could just have threads cut later. Will have to watch and see if Henry starts offering one no threaded to take Glock mags.

You may be right. The stupid law did away with so much I did not know anything was left. When my Ruger came out they were offering it in both threaded and non. The non was to sell to CA as they already had this stupid law. So if that is the only no go for WA hopefully Henry will offer one. I could live with no threads. Could just have threads cut later. Will have to watch and see if Henry starts offering one no threaded to take Glock mags.
It sounds like you can get the mag adapters as a replacement part as well.

Just have to hope either this stupid law gets kicked or Henry starts offering a none threaded one then. I will be buying one if they can start selling them here.
The barrel is over 16" long, so you could also find a shop out of state that machine them off for you, then send it here or you could buy it there (since you can purchase rifles out of state.) Depends whether .37" of barrel is enough to remove all the thread.

Or they could turn down the thread and epoxy on cap where they were.

Just depends how much you want one. But that doesn't need to be super expensive work.

The barrel is over 16" long, so you could also find a shop out of state that machine them off for you, then send it here or you could buy it there (since you can purchase rifles out of state.) Depends whether .37" of barrel is enough to remove all the thread.

Or they could turn down the thread and epoxy on cap where they were.

Just depends how much you want one. But that doesn't need to be super expensive work.
I am SUPER fan boy on PCC's but due to that I have 6 right now. So as much as I do want this don't want it that bad. When it hit I really loved the look of the wood and that it takes Glock since I have laid in a lifetime supply of Glock mags. All my PCC's use Glock. Since this is not the only state with the moronic law on threads hopefully Henry will start offering one without. Or the people fighting the new law here will win one for a change. Oddly enough when I was just looking at these again to see if they were yet offering a non threaded none of the dealer's had WA on the "will not sell to" list. Have to "guess" most of them just do not know yet that we are a no go too. :(

If WA had not cut them off I was going to buy one of those Henry's. If the law gets kicked to the curb years from now I will be buying one.
They are very nice. I don't own one, might later, but have had two opportunities thus far to shoot one. The recoil system is in the front hand guard, it's unique as it allows the receiver to be shorter and allows the gun to be shorter overall. Balance is off a bit and it is front heavy, yet still felt lighter than I recall the Ruger I owned a while back. Blued metal never excites me these days, and Henry refuses to upgrade to nitrided metals. Other than that, knowing you like PCCs, I'd think you'd like it a lot.

I ordered a wood stock for my Ruger PC Carbine from a company in Massachusetts. It was expensive at $400, but I'm happy with it. Just wanted to let y'all know that this is available if you want wood for your PC carbine. I live in Oregon now so the extended magazines are legal for me.

Images of my rifle:

Company who makes the wood stock:
https://woodshopwednesday.com
Needs Magpul D50

I am SUPER fan boy on PCC's but due to that I have 6 right now. So as much as I do want this don't want it that bad. When it hit I really loved the look of the wood and that it takes Glock since I have laid in a lifetime supply of Glock mags. All my PCC's use Glock. Since this is not the only state with the moronic law on threads hopefully Henry will start offering one without. Or the people fighting the new law here will win one for a change. Oddly enough when I was just looking at these again to see if they were yet offering a non threaded none of the dealer's had WA on the "will not sell to" list. Have to "guess" most of them just do not know yet that we are a no go too.
I love PCCs. The ruger not having wood options is why I ended up selling it. (that and I have well more than 6 PCCs.) But one of those with wood furniture and a drum would just be badass. My PCCs use Glock or Berretta 92 mags, or cmmg magpul. (A Beretta CX4 started me down the PCC path) If you count the PS90 as a PCC, thats a 4th magazine format I use.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads