JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry.

I can't do it! :(

DSCN4444.JPG

I actually did have an Oregon wolf in my crosshairs, once.

I was out deer hunting in the Blue Mountains S of Heppner. A doe ran out of a patch of brush in front of me and I got my rifle up thinking a buck might be coming up next. However it turned out to be a coyote chasing her. I thought I might shoot him instead, then looked again. Damn, that was a really big coyote! Never saw one that big. By the time I stopped dithering around he was gone.

Two weeks later there was a news story in the Whoregonian that a wolf had been hit and killed on a highway about 5 miles from there.

It got so bad in Wyoming (the state government refused to knuckle under to federal demands about wolf management - hmmm, I wonder where that is in the constitution?) that people started driving around, throwing poisoned hot dogs out of their windows.

Don't worry, government will always come to the conclusion it makes more sense to have paid wildlife bureaucrats managing of wolf populations, than it does for hunters to do it for free. Needless to say, other government employees (judges, attorneys, etc.) also love the controversy, as they make a lot of money out of it. Call it a jobs program.

I am so sick and tired of the false "science" that goes along with this anti wolf thing, and I am sick and tired with the ideas that removing said predator from the wilds is good for any one! I'm not going to enter this fight, I WILL GET BANNED for expressing any thing else! Peace Brothers and sisters, this is not the place for this fight!!!

I am so sick and tired of the false "science" that goes along with this anti wolf thing, and I am sick and tired with the ideas that removing said predator from the wilds is good for any one! I'm not going to enter this fight, I WILL GET BANNED for expressing any thing else! Peace Brothers and sisters, this is not the place for this fight!!!

YES IT IS!!!!

I said ''I'' couldn't do it.
Not a wolf.

I didn't say it should not be done. ;)

I'm with you. Any animal needs to be kept in check. Screw all there false science!
Even the sacred sea mammals. Ones like those f-ing Salmon robing Sea lions!:mad:

I could kill me a whole lot of them! :s0087:

Last Edited:
Then there is the ol double standard which one should be regulated and which one left alone:mad: One is an invasive species that man has "helped" feed with commercial fishing inside the river, the other has always been here doing what it does, and man has again made it easy for them to feed! One is causing a very large impact on the environment, the other is not nor has it ever, but which one should we deal a final solution?

Yeah, ethics, morals and "science" aside. I just don't want to kill a wolf! :)
Or a grizzly/Kodiak, cougar, shark, big cat from anywhere. I wouldn't mind hunting for a Cape Buffalo! :D

It seems to me that the folks living in these areas should have a larger say over what happens , rather than someone who lives far away.
I like the idea of wolves in the wild.
But then I don't live with in an area with wolves.
Andy

Wolves are the Ultimate predator in the wilds, having them is of more benefit to the ecosystem then removing them! With wolves, we don't have as much of a Cougar or Coyote problem. Remove the Wolves, and we have major problems with the Game animals and the lesser predators! Just the sort of conditions we have right now!

Wolves are only a 'problem' when they impact humans/human's domesticated livestock. Before we started putting up fences to contain our domesticated livestock, I'll bet wolves were less of a 'problem'. Wolves are top predators and so are we, so it's not surprising that there is conflict, especially when we want our needs (like keeping alive our livestock until we decide when to kill so as to make the greatest profit) to have precedence over the wolves needs.

The only problem is people thinking 1 animal is more important than another.
Don't cry when you raise food animals and something eats them besides you.

Well that's part of the problem. Around here, wolves kill many many more animals than they actually eat. Whether it's for fun or to train pups, it's hard not to "cry" when your whole sheep herd is laying in the field with snapped necks and not eaten.

I'm not saying there is no place for wolves, I'm saying it should be game on if they poke around livestock.

The only problem is people thinking 1 animal is more important than another.
Don't cry when you raise food animals and something eats them besides you.
Yeah right. You pay breeding fees, do whelping duties, pay vet bills and buy feed for livestock for 3 years and have all that money and work flushed down the sh!tter in a single night when a wolf pack visits the land you paid for with your blood and sweat, only to be told by a federal or state "game" manager that there's not a fu<king thing you can do about it.
Never mind that sportsmen have paid for the management, feeding, care and propagation of game animals for 4 generations through Pittman-Robertson funds?
Those game mammal numbers are now threatened in multiple management units in virtually every state where the wolf was purposely re-introduced, and even places like Oregon where they just migrated in.

Never mind that wolf advocates helped set, and agreed to management objectives for wolf re-introduction populations and have reneged on every agreement made at both the state and federal levels? Filing lawsuit after lawsuit to keep wolves protected.

Wake up gun-owning wolf lovers. As game becomes less populous, hunting becomes less popular, fewer kids are brought up in the outdoors associated with guns and hunting, and both dollars and voices within the gun culture take a hit.
The antis have used yet another wedge issue against gun owners, and y'all have accepted their BS as gospel.

Wake up and smell the coffee, you as gun owners aren't helped by the wolf, whether you hunt or not, and whether you're a rancher or not.

Back in the day, I worked at substance ski resort. Worked for robert Redford. We had a group come In for a meeting. After there dinner they went outside, to howl to the wolves. Yes they were a animal rights group there to talk about wolves. They were all Ashland types..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top