JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A buddy of mine shared this video. Bit of an eye opener. I knew there were probably a select few who were "prepping" like this but I'm now wondering how common it is. The mindset alone is disturbing but to put plans in place???? It's hard for me to imagine people that malevolent. Perhaps I'm wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I'd love some input as far as what you guys have run into, meeting other people? Is it a real threat? Is it gonna be common for others to just show up and take that have been training to do just that?

I know that they'll be the newest "top dog" or the bully that comes knocking but to think there are people out there strictly training for just that is crazy to think for me. Let me know I'm genuinely interested!

I talk to a lot of different people majority of them say I will just shoot and take from others. It got me thinking if that many people do that there won't be any supplies to steal and they will just kill each other off.

A buddy of mine shared this video. Bit of an eye opener. I knew there were probably a select few who were "prepping" like this but I'm now wondering how common it is. The mindset alone is disturbing but to put plans in place???? It's hard for me to imagine people that malevolent. Perhaps I'm wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I'd love some input as far as what you guys have run into, meeting other people? Is it a real threat? Is it gonna be common for others to just show up and take that have been training to do just that?

I know that they'll be the newest "top dog" or the bully that comes knocking but to think there are people out there strictly training for just that is crazy to think for me. Let me know I'm genuinely interested!

If you can't think like they do, they will always go to places your mind can't follow and beat you because they will think of things you don't think about.

Cacheing supplies without significant thought to defense and opsec is just paying for and storing supplies for someone else. This is documented in places around the world that have experienced societal collapse. People who have guns and are willing to kill others for supplies take supplies from people without guns or the willingness to kill people to defend them.

Just remember, if it's the apocalypse and you smell BBQ coming from my house.
This is what's up......
My 2 dog's gotta eat, and were not putting up with that sh-t.

long pig.jpg

None that I know personally, but I've run across postings of similar minded people and know it's not exactly all that uncommon of a survival strategy. The strong preying on the weak has been a factor in all walks of life since the beginning of time and should, obviously, be a priority point to consider in all prepper type stategy plans, however....

Personally, 90% of that I toss into the "bravado" video game culture category. You can get all philisophical and point out the myriad of flaws, strategic misconceptions and probability of long term survival in a strategy like that, but I'll just +2 @Stomper. The greater majority of those that actually follow through with a predatory prepper strategy will just make great sandbags.

Point to ponder. If you're the type of personality to take on that type of strategy, it's highly likely that you're already on more than one good guy's "bubblegum list". If you have shared your prepper views with anyone, your threat probability only increases. In the absence of civil law and under the proven principle that a good offense is the best defense.. well... I'll leave it to your imagination. 🎯

Last Edited:
It doesn't matter even if people say they would never, desperation makes people do things they normally wouldn't.

If it ever came to that, expect the worst from everyone.

My prepping plans involve these people. Predators are despicable, if they happen to meet an untimely end, all the stuff they have taken gets returned, or failing that, the stuff is mine. If they have killed to get what they have, they have gotten what they deserve.

I've run across quite a few with that mindset. Big talk of being "nomadic raiders" or "apocalypse vikings". What I haven't run across is a single one of them that causes me the least concern, because not one of them was anything more than all mouth and no chops. In addition, not one of them had any combat or leadership experience. I suspect the instant they realize that a firefight is a two way affair, they'll tuck tail and di-di.

I've run across quite a few with that mindset. Big talk of being "nomadic raiders" or "apocalypse vikings". What I haven't run across is a single one of them that causes me the least concern, because not one of them was anything more than all mouth and no chops. In addition, not one of them had any combat or leadership experience. I suspect the instant they realize that a firefight is a two way affair, they'll tuck tail and di-di.
Raiders, gangs, et. al., will be among the first to be shot.

Does it make me a bad person if I giggled a bit when I watched EHJ's video?

Nomadic raiders, apocalyptic vikings, werewolf preppers...
What a hell of a world we've allowed to develop.
I abhor the thought of having to put one of these idjits out of my misery, but if they come they have already made the decision that what I have must be worth dying for. I don't know that I'd lose much sleep unless he gets blood on my wife's carpet.

The problem I see with it is it gonna take you longer to heal from the wounds you are bound to sustain than the stash of food you're stealing

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top