JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have very few things designed after 1945, but I have my obligatory AR and AK. The AR is a budget DI Ruger-556. Before it becomes more difficult, I was looking to get a something different, just for fun. I really don't shoot 7.62x51, so sticking in 556. I also have a 7.62x39 AR already, so that's covered.

So, maybe a piston setup to use with my Ruger lower, like the Wolf A1, or an upper like the BRN-180.

For those that have either, are they worth it, or are they just mehh? Any other suggestions?

I have an original Armalite AR-180 and this is the first time I've heard that Brownell's has produced an upper.
Everyone that shoots my 180 gets a kick out of it's quirky AK 47 like construction. It has the factory scope mounted on it and If I didn't own one already, I would definitely look into buying a short barreled version of the BRN-180 and hang a suppressor on it.

Last Edited:
The wolf still uses a buffer tube whereas the brn is all in the upper. I'd go with the brn if looking to try different. That and you can ditch the tube and get a folding stock.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews