JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have very few things designed after 1945, but I have my obligatory AR and AK. The AR is a budget DI Ruger-556. Before it becomes more difficult, I was looking to get a something different, just for fun. I really don't shoot 7.62x51, so sticking in 556. I also have a 7.62x39 AR already, so that's covered.

So, maybe a piston setup to use with my Ruger lower, like the Wolf A1, or an upper like the BRN-180.

For those that have either, are they worth it, or are they just mehh? Any other suggestions?

I have an original Armalite AR-180 and this is the first time I've heard that Brownell's has produced an upper.
Everyone that shoots my 180 gets a kick out of it's quirky AK 47 like construction. It has the factory scope mounted on it and If I didn't own one already, I would definitely look into buying a short barreled version of the BRN-180 and hang a suppressor on it.

Last Edited:
The wolf still uses a buffer tube whereas the brn is all in the upper. I'd go with the brn if looking to try different. That and you can ditch the tube and get a folding stock.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top