JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I suppose it could be said mine is on board. We have food storage and she knows how to butcher, garden and just about anything a farm girl can do.:s0114:
Today we took a ride to Mt Adams and put on our go bags, just to see how they would work out...something she didn't want to do in town, "Oh you know the'll think were crazy!"
Okay, I've found out what she can do without and after about 4 miles, what I can do without too. Much of what we discuss here is okay...but really, my hips are killing me and my ears are too from her ...well you know.
It was good to try it out and we'll give it a go in a couple of weeks. After 40 years together, I think it will take at least a week to get the ringing out!!!:s0131:

Well, I'm a wife and I'm way into it. I follow politics and world news very closely, carry a BOB in my Jeep, a small one in my office, and shoot regularly. My husband and I enjoy prepping as a team. After UT licenses clear, we will both be licensed in how ever many states that is (33?) plus OR. Lucky me! If SHTF never happens, still a way cool hobby.

My wife is 100% prep when it comes to the food storage and financial preparation but still thinks three guns apiece is enough. I guess I just like guns more than she does! And she thinks I have too much ammo...how can you ever have too much!

We will be filling some very nice 20 gallon food grade barrels with sealed mylar bags of long term food as soon as I buy the hair straightener. Wife doesn't want me to use her "good" iron.

Wives -- I just gotta ask,are y'alls wives as much on board...

Wives? I hadn't considered that. What a great idea! As they say, "Two is one and one is none!" I need to be laying in stores of extra wives; set up a rotation plan. And chase down the Utah CWP (Concealed Wife Permit).

Actually, wife was pretty much content to let me peck away at the preps...until last Friday. Now she readily admits that 'current events' have her much more agitated than previous disasters, and she's completely, pro-actively on-board.

MrB+

My wife, who is Japanese, has been watching events unfold in her country since the quake/tsunami, and we wholeheartedly agreed before this tragedy that it would be a good idea to start accumulating essentials like food, water, first aid supplies in case of a disaster. Now that she sees what is happening to her friends and family, she's even more of a "prepper".

Wives? I hadn't considered that. What a great idea! As they say, "Two is one and one is none!" I need to be laying in stores of extra wives; set up a rotation plan. And chase down the Utah CWP (Concealed Wife Permit).

Actually, wife was pretty much content to let me peck away at the preps...until last Friday. Now she readily admits that 'current events' have her much more agitated than previous disasters, and she's completely, pro-actively on-board.

MrB+

Go for it brother.I would bet you will be trading off most of the "extra wives" you might accumulate.

So you pick a nice,well kinda nice camping spot on the trail.Do you really want more than one wife telling you how uncomfortable the ground is right here?
I don't see much sleep for you LOL

Mine is on board, we are broke college students so we are starting small. She comes from a family that is big into guns and she can out shoot me so we are good there.

My wife has been on board with the whole issue for several years. We each have our own weapons, BOB's and we're nearing a years worth of food etc in backup storage. She loves to fish/camp and was born and raised on a farm so the concept of growing our own food comes natural to her. I feel damned lucky...

SOG165

My wife loves to compost recycle and stock pile..but she hates my guns, and probably would not be able to defend herself...after the apocolypse when she gets bit by a zombie. I will get to make a t-shirt that sez: my zombie wife loves me for my brains.

My wife goes along with most anything.Exspecially after a few cocktails.But she's on board,and has a stash of goods out in the shop.I have a stash of my own too.A little different from hers.

Wives? I hadn't considered that. What a great idea! As they say, "Two is one and one is none!" I need to be laying in stores of extra wives; set up a rotation plan.
MrB+

That can play both ways you know. :s0114: After all, you are her single point of failure and she should have a plan too. :s0131:

My wife is totally on board with preping though. She's been places where the world went crazy for a while.

We started to prep right after Katrina. She liked the general idea and was okay with me doing it. Then about four years ago she took a more active interest. Because of her, our adult kids are prepping. She got us moved out of the city to our small acreage. We were shooting with a pal the other day and I liked his pistol so much I said I might get one. She popped right up and said I'd better get her one too! That is 180 degrees off where she was just four years ago. Last week we got some extra cash and the 1st thing she said was we need to add to our stores, and handed me a list of what to get. On the list was more dried food and pistol ammo. Sorry fellas, she is mine!

LOL. My wife thinks I'm crazy, has never touched a gun and calls me Dale Gribble. She knows more about fashion and art than roughing it in the wild. Did I mention she is vegetarian?

Her idea of 'bugging out' is staying in a five star hotel - and you'll need strong arms to carry all her luggage. She just doesn't have the survival instinct I guess.

But she puts up with me, so she is something special. :)

Not married to her yet, but my Queen is a damn fine shot, a supporter of my ideas and goals, a fellow homesteader, and a really awesome herbalist! Can't starve with a womyn who has that much wildcrafting knowledge!

My wife is completely on board....she pushed me to buy even more things than I had thought of and in larger quantities. She had been pushing me for quite some time to start putting together SHTF/BOB bags and fully stockpiled our RV.

We now have redundant BOB bags in each vehicle, no matter where we go we are prepared...food, water, shelter, meds, guns & LOTs of ammo.

Bring those zombies on....
:gun09:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews