JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
nice i think its only fair to ask for a picture to prove it .... LOL
My girl is more into it than I am. When she moved in she went to the store and bought 15 gallons of water, canned goods, and a few other things to have on hand in case of shtf. And she's working on our bugout bags now. So really all I have to do is make sure we've got guns and ammo. She even stocked the bag with a big *** case of condoms. Did I mention she's Hot too? :)

She thinks I'm cazy and can't understand what I'm preparing for.
So we don't talk about it and I just keep filling the shelves.
Works for me.

The girlfriend needs constant convincing and re-convincing :( She's a big believer in self defense and remembers Mt. St. Helen turning the sky dark but has this idea that all future natural disasters will happen somewhere else.

I only recently started prepping but when I mentioned the why and the how, my wife first got scared, then got busy. She hates the idea of why we would have to, but recognizes that the news does not point to global happiness breaking out any time soon. If something happens, we're ready and she'd be the first one out the door if it came to that.

Wives? What about the lazy men getting on board? Just sayin... LOL! My problem was always trying to get my late husband to see the importance of keeping a year of food never mind the need for a BOB and keeping emergency packs in the cars and homes. I should have realized I had a problem when I had to kill and clean his fish. LOL! That said...I raised my boys alone to not be wimps...but their wives think I am strange because every year I give them bulk bandages and home made first aid kits (with sutures and clotting sponges) and emergency supplies. Some folks just have no sense of humor when it comes to B-D and X-mas gifts.

It's nice to hear more women's point of view... I thought about giving emergency supplies for X-Mas last year, but I think with our family I'm going to have to ease into it :) I have enough on my plate trying to get my future husband on board!

My wife is helping me pack the moving van to move back to the small town in Alaska where I grew up. We leave tonight. She is a little unsure about some aspects of the move. She said she doesn't really want to skin and tan critter furs but is looking forward to a nice fur lined coat and mittens. We will build our home, with the help of our mostly adult children, and she's onboard with that. She knows that there will be a lot of hard work involved, but she looks forward to increasing our self sufficiency. She also likes that I have have spent my life trying to understand how the original inhabitants of the region lived and learning the whys of there ways (there is always a why they did it that way). I have been blessed with a veritable plethora of mentors over the decades and I am thankful.

In short, my wife supports, approves of and is helping immensely with my/our preparations for future uncertainties.

I love that gal..

W44

It's nice to hear more women's point of view... I thought about giving emergency supplies for X-Mas last year, but I think with our family I'm going to have to ease into it :) I have enough on my plate trying to get my future husband on board!

I warn you that IF you give emergency supplies to your adult childrens' spouses...they will probably NOT appreciate the gift or the thought...LOL! My son's grew up with my weirdness so they already know if I give them a gift it has to be a useful gift. But my DIL absolutely took offense that I would give her or her family emergency supplies or first aid kits or even any kitchen tool. So you have been warned. Clearly she won't appreciate a grain mill or a soymilk maker as a gift.

I started this thread on a whim and it has a 5 star rating!!!!!

I never knew this was such a big issue.Education is a big deal.You have to educate your self and your loved ones as to what MAY happen to us all in the future.And they may or may not buy it.

These are keepers that stand by you and store foods and get themselves prepared for what MIGHT happen.(still looking)
One thing I do know about relationships,is that you do have to think somewhat alike to stay together.
I am glad to have started this thread and have all their plies for everyone to read.
Thanks for the responses

I just got back from the first load to the new homestead in AK.....My wife of 24 years and I celebrated our anniversary on the road. She and I both worked a long day to unload the truck by hand....

OPie...You started a good thread.. I hope that you find your other half...

W44

I just got back from the first load to the new homestead in AK.....My wife of 24 years and I celebrated our anniversary on the road. She and I both worked a long day to unload the truck by hand....

OPie...You started a good thread.. I hope that you find your other half...

W44

Yeah I have to find the patience to put up with someone now.After being singe for so long,hard to find someone that will put up with me too.
Y'all have found some keepers.

It would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between wife's/ significant other's age and desire to prepare. Are younger people more concerned ? OR is it the older people?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top