JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just gotta ask,are y'alls wives as much on board with the whole Bug Out scenario,or do they think you is just bubbleguming out there?

Will they go with you,or just say,"that's nice honey...see you when you get back"

Just askin'

I have the VERY best Wife in the world.

She would never do ANY of the SHTF preps I may or may not do- but she will do it, makes sure its done right, and fully understands why its being done. She doesnt question me on anything prep related PERIOD.

The VERy best Wife in the whole world- thats why I picked her. ;)

My wife doesn't keep up on the world news like I do but if I said we needed to load up what we can and get the **** out of town it would be game on. She's awesome like that.

-d

My wife takes care of the food and first aid portion of long-term "on-our-ownness". I take care of the guns, ammo and fuel portion of it. That way our beans, bullets and bandaids are taken care of.

I disagree... My wife is the best in the world!! She was a little wierded out in the begining. However, as she has become more informed she has jumped on board and really assists with helping stay organized and ensuring all food products are taken care of. The best way to get your wife to help is to help your wife get educated. Turn on the news. Read a newspaper. Read a book. Things are changing very quickly and preparation is key. Considering all the possibilities of things that could happen, there is no reason not to prepare. Earthquakes, tsunami, floods, power outages, gas shortages, rising food costs, and civil uprisings. Worst case senario you will have extra food in case you lose your job or have a friend or family member that is in need and there is comfort in that. Also, as a husband it is my job to ensure that my family is safe and protected. A good wife understands that and respects that. When preparing, include your family and make it a fun experience. The conversations involved as you are canning or taking care of a garden are priceless. Enjoy that time.

My wife was raised in the hills, can build a snare and make a fire with whatever is at hand. We spent our honeymoon hiking in the Cascades. She can skin a deer pretty quickly and most importantly..she has put up with me for 30 years.......which means her mental stability may be suspect, but her survival skills are not.

Last time I got a deer, my wife was 7+ months pregnant with our second. We were living in a fairly nice double-wide trailer outside Camp Lagoon, NC. I was butchering the carcass, piece by piece on the kitchen table, and she was cutting/sorting/wrapping the meat on the island in the kitchen. Ever heard the saying "barefoot and pregnant"? That was her, barefoot, majorly pregnant and hacking up dead animal; all while keeping her second set of eyes on our 15 month old. Unlike Ma Duce, mine hasn't had the pain of being with me for 30 years; and if we make it that far, her mental stability will CERTAINLY be in question. But she will be a great SHTF buddy!

My lady has been with me for 32 years. Yes as a result she's been driven crazy but at least we took the ride together :s0112:

MHarne.. you forgot to mention the impending Dawn of the Zombie Apocalypse

Zombie_Rounds.jpg

Mine is aware and mildly interested. She is ex military and a good shot but little interest in making time to practice. We talk about scenarios and she is much more of a "figure it out on the go", where I am plan, plan and will suffer from paralysis from analysis.

Luck to have her and she does engage when it is important.

We are both on the same page as far as the wisdom of practical preparedness. I do most of the prep work; she does the all important "agree with it" part. She did take the initiative on moving us along for our (upcoming) HAM licenses. I would have probably just set up a radio and neglected the licensing part.

My girl is more into it than I am. When she moved in she went to the store and bought 15 gallons of water, canned goods, and a few other things to have on hand in case of shtf. And she's working on our bugout bags now. So really all I have to do is make sure we've got guns and ammo. She even stocked the bag with a big *** case of condoms. Did I mention she's Hot too? :)

My wife tolerates me on my stockpiling craziness. Of course, the composting to improve our soil and gardening with the new soil amendments were her ideas, as as she grew up outside of a small town, self-sufficiency is just something you are always suppose to do I suppose. She'll be making soap tomorrow.....I see the 5 gallon bucket in the kitchen. So I need to plan on being someplace else or get roped into that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top