Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wives?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by mjbskwim, Mar 10, 2011.

1. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I just gotta ask,are y'alls wives as much on board with the whole Bug Out scenario,or do they think you is just bubbleguming out there?

Will they go with you,or just say,"that's nice honey...see you when you get back"

Just askin'

2. CavVet

CavVet Seattle Member

I have the VERY best Wife in the world.

She would never do ANY of the SHTF preps I may or may not do- but she will do it, makes sure its done right, and fully understands why its being done. She doesnt question me on anything prep related PERIOD.

The VERy best Wife in the whole world- thats why I picked her. ;)

3. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

My wife doesn't keep up on the world news like I do but if I said we needed to load up what we can and get the **** out of town it would be game on. She's awesome like that.

-d

4. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

My wife takes care of the food and first aid portion of long-term "on-our-ownness". I take care of the guns, ammo and fuel portion of it. That way our beans, bullets and bandaids are taken care of.

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My gal is totally on board and she's a better rifle and pistol shot than a lot of you guys

She plays a mean guitar, too :bannanaguitar:

6. MHarne

MHarne Portland, OR New Member

I disagree... My wife is the best in the world!! She was a little wierded out in the begining. However, as she has become more informed she has jumped on board and really assists with helping stay organized and ensuring all food products are taken care of. The best way to get your wife to help is to help your wife get educated. Turn on the news. Read a newspaper. Read a book. Things are changing very quickly and preparation is key. Considering all the possibilities of things that could happen, there is no reason not to prepare. Earthquakes, tsunami, floods, power outages, gas shortages, rising food costs, and civil uprisings. Worst case senario you will have extra food in case you lose your job or have a friend or family member that is in need and there is comfort in that. Also, as a husband it is my job to ensure that my family is safe and protected. A good wife understands that and respects that. When preparing, include your family and make it a fun experience. The conversations involved as you are canning or taking care of a garden are priceless. Enjoy that time.

7. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Sounds like we all have good wifes. Mine after today (Japan) has really got on board. Set up "to go bags" and The pantry could keep us "in" for a year! She also understands all of the ammo now.

8. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

Mine is onboard, and even makes suggestions...

9. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

Well, mine has yet to pick me yet.

10. CavVet

CavVet Seattle Member

Go back and reread mine.

If I had went with what had picked me, I would have been divorced years ago. ;)

11. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

My wife was raised in the hills, can build a snare and make a fire with whatever is at hand. We spent our honeymoon hiking in the Cascades. She can skin a deer pretty quickly and most importantly..she has put up with me for 30 years.......which means her mental stability may be suspect, but her survival skills are not.

miletwo and (deleted member) like this.
  12. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

well, herself is able to help skin out the game or livestock, and helps keep things in line. may not be completely in line with the whole thing but she does great.

13. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

Last time I got a deer, my wife was 7+ months pregnant with our second. We were living in a fairly nice double-wide trailer outside Camp Lagoon, NC. I was butchering the carcass, piece by piece on the kitchen table, and she was cutting/sorting/wrapping the meat on the island in the kitchen. Ever heard the saying "barefoot and pregnant"? That was her, barefoot, majorly pregnant and hacking up dead animal; all while keeping her second set of eyes on our 15 month old. Unlike Ma Duce, mine hasn't had the pain of being with me for 30 years; and if we make it that far, her mental stability will CERTAINLY be in question. But she will be a great SHTF buddy!

14. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My lady has been with me for 32 years. Yes as a result she's been driven crazy but at least we took the ride together :bluelaugh:

MHarne.. you forgot to mention the impending Dawn of the Zombie Apocalypse

Zombie_Rounds.jpg

15. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

My wife has been pushing the whole preparedness thing as much if not more so than me. She likes the idea of it, but she doesn't do a lot of the work for it. that gets left up to me.

16. dream45

dream45 SE Portland Member

Mine is aware and mildly interested. She is ex military and a good shot but little interest in making time to practice. We talk about scenarios and she is much more of a "figure it out on the go", where I am plan, plan and will suffer from paralysis from analysis.

Luck to have her and she does engage when it is important.

17. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

We are both on the same page as far as the wisdom of practical preparedness. I do most of the prep work; she does the all important "agree with it" part. She did take the initiative on moving us along for our (upcoming) HAM licenses. I would have probably just set up a radio and neglected the licensing part.

18. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if all these responses scare me or not...

Naa,sounds like some good girls to me.

19. hondakilla98

hondakilla98 beaverton, or Active Member

My girl is more into it than I am. When she moved in she went to the store and bought 15 gallons of water, canned goods, and a few other things to have on hand in case of shtf. And she's working on our bugout bags now. So really all I have to do is make sure we've got guns and ammo. She even stocked the bag with a big *** case of condoms. Did I mention she's Hot too? :)

20. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

My wife tolerates me on my stockpiling craziness. Of course, the composting to improve our soil and gardening with the new soil amendments were her ideas, as as she grew up outside of a small town, self-sufficiency is just something you are always suppose to do I suppose. She'll be making soap tomorrow.....I see the 5 gallon bucket in the kitchen. So I need to plan on being someplace else or get roped into that.